Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 02:43:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Part 2: It finally happened. My ex reached out.  (Read 1017 times)
CryWolf

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: October 19, 2019, 11:56:38 PM »

Mod Note:  Part 1 of this thread is here https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=339608.0

What do you term the progress you have made?

She's being coy, but what does the eye roll mean to you?

i feel more in control of myself and feelings.

eye roll could mean she was annoyed as to why I sat there and think i did it on purpose to be close with her, but i havent looked at her or even spoke to her in weeks.. so im not sure what she's getting act.

I did get up and left to my seat after the speaker finished. plus her behavior changed after when i didnt show her attention. some girls act weird. my friend told me that some girls act irritated annoyed to people they like even if its immature. who knows though, im not trying to dwell on it. i just accepted what i saw and noticed.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 12:02:26 AM by Harri » Logged
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 12:25:23 AM »

If she's playing "girl games" that's one thing.  If she's really annoyed, that's another thing.  I might ask, "what are your thoughts on this?" But that might be playing "boy games."

What are your thoughts on how to live your life regardless of her?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
CryWolf

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 01:21:58 PM »

If she's playing "girl games" that's one thing.  If she's really annoyed, that's another thing.  I might ask, "what are your thoughts on this?" But that might be playing "boy games."

What are your thoughts on how to live your life regardless of her?

I’m just being indifferent and taking it day by day.
FaithfulInLove

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 02:28:57 PM »

Hello CryWolf,

crazy reading you after all this time. I think our break up was around the same time and we're both still on the same mission. Sending you strength in this contactless period. I'm in the same boat.
At one point it nearly worked out for me, then he surprisingly turned around and chased somebody else instead... Day 31 of full no contact for me.

Our Borderlines are up and down and all over the place. Things can change so fast, we mustn't think it's all about us when it's mostly about them..
You're really doing your best

I'm thankful how you introduced me to Craig Kenneth and the Lovechat back when we were talking on here. I'm still watching them everyday and they soothe me quite a lot.

All the best
Faithful
CryWolf

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 11:20:19 PM »

Hey faithful,  I remember you! hope youve been doing well and glad I could help in anyway. I still watch the videos too Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

So today, we had class, and it was just us in the hallway getting ice for lab. I said "happy birthday" and she said thank you.

She asked if i needed ice and took my bucket from my hand after she filled hers. she was struggling and i grabbed hers as it was heavy. we both walked back to class together. class ended, and we both walked out together and walked some what side by side. i wanted to start a conversation but I didnt. we walked down the stairs, and she held the door open for me and waited but i went the other direction as i was going home..

i felt bad and still do. shes becoming more open to me. but i dont want to push or pull.

not sure what to do.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 11:33:09 PM »

Why not just ask her the next time you interact,  "do you wanna grab lunch?"

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
CryWolf

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 11:48:23 PM »

Why not just ask her the next time you interact,  "do you wanna grab lunch?"

im scared of rejection. because of the times after the break up i was denied..

but now things are different. for the time being..
ColdKnight

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2019, 12:47:22 AM »

Hi Wolf,

I hear you on the fear of rejection. I just recently (last week) started communicating with her. I am taking it VERY slow. One or two texts a day and not at all pushing towards any type of meet up.

I am happy to just be communicating at this point.

Take it for what it’s worth, I am no one of consequence.
CryWolf

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2019, 12:50:01 AM »

Hi Wolf,

I hear you on the fear of rejection. I just recently (last week) started communicating with her. I am taking it VERY slow. One or two texts a day and not at all pushing towards any type of meet up.

I am happy to just be communicating at this point.

Thats good to hear ColdKnight! We are on fragile water.

I might start a convo on wednesay, if it feels right in the moment. I might ask her for coffee. who knows. she might not want to interact with me then. idk.

I dont want this to blow up or come off needy
ColdKnight

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2019, 12:55:14 AM »

Yea tread lightly.

Always best to let them come to you. I would be friendly and fun but don’t rush things. I believe you can do far more damage by rushing things than letting them progress at her pace.

Take it for what it’s worth, I am no one of consequence.
CryWolf

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2019, 06:22:22 PM »

I see her today. And we both encountered while getting Ice for class again. At first she seemed in a pissed/irritated mood. But she would look like this when we were together. I don’t think she can express emotions externally as well when she’s perhaps feeling something inside. Idk... and

I said “hey, I sent you a pic of the notes we did last week on groupme”
And she said “oh thanks”

And then took the bucket from my hands and poured ice for me.

The buckets were heavy and I held them and she said thanks.

We were walking back to class and I told her how they are making a movie about this show we used to watch .

She told me about how she thinks when heard it or something. ”

I don’t want to force anything or irritate her. I feel so much pressure that I should act quick. I don’t know if I’m being delusional anymore.

CryWolf

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2019, 12:53:43 AM »

we had an exam and she didnt show up to class. not sure whats going on, but my friend told me she did the same last semester where she just stopped showing up halfway through the semester.

but to not come to class during an exam? idk

i shouldnt worry or care but i still do
clvrnn

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: Broken Up

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2019, 02:42:39 PM »

Hey,

How is everything going since your last post?

CryWolf

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2019, 09:13:12 PM »

Hey,

How is everything going since your last post?

hey, the seasonal depression is taking a toll. I dont find joy in anything, my classmates ask me if im okay because I look lifeless. I try to hide it, but isn't working.

this time, is when me and my ex broke up. my bday is in 2 weeks. Im failing this class, so have to retake next semester.
Helipilot

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2019, 06:55:42 AM »

Hey man, hope you are feeling better today...

I understand all the pain and the sorrow this can do to us... My story was similar...

You have to keep going, even if you aren't feeling like it.

To give an example, this year, my BPD girlfriend suddenly decided she doesnt love me anymore cause I couldnt see her on a weekend and 2 months later she has a brand new boyfriend. It hurt like hell.

Cried a lot, got angry, deleted her from all social media, no contact at all. Started gym, lost 7 kilograms, my physical conditioning improved to the point I can run for a straight hour. Professionally I've never been better in my life. Took 3 nw certificatons exams and nailed them.

On the inside I am still sad, depressed, felt no joy at all with all those great conquests that are happening in my life... But I keep going cause I know I have to change, to forget, to not think about her...

Of course I started therapy and will see a psychiatrist to check on my depression cause I wasn't supposed to still feel sad with all these great things happening. So I think I am doing everything in my power to improve and get better, even if I am not in the mood to do so...

If I can, so can you... You can and will improve... Start with small things, even if you are not feeling like it... watch TED talks, motivational viedos, whatever makes you feel better... Cry if you need, take care of yourself...

I may be still sad but at least there are solid proof and evidence that I am improving... and you will too =)
CryWolf

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2019, 02:06:55 AM »

she messaged me a few hours ago, and said apologized she didnt see my messaged on this messaging app in regards to homework. and said she wanted to message but didnt know how and with school being stressful.

not sure how to respond. i want to ask her for food but dont want to push for too much right away.
clvrnn

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: Broken Up

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2019, 08:30:05 PM »

hey, the seasonal depression is taking a toll. I dont find joy in anything, my classmates ask me if im okay because I look lifeless. I try to hide it, but isn't working.

this time, is when me and my ex broke up. my bday is in 2 weeks. Im failing this class, so have to retake next semester.

hey. i'm sorry to hear that things are going downhill a bit. i know that doing major things can be a struggle when you're depressed so i won't suggest anything major like going to the gym or anything. but one thing i've found that relaxes me when i'm low is just watching nature or rain videos on youtube, or even putting on a podcast in the background so that my thoughts don't run away with themselves.

sorry to hear that you are failing the class, i know that must be difficult.

how did you end up responding to your ex? did she unblock you, then?

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest