Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 09:24:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help. Sometimes I think I hate my daughter  (Read 349 times)
Losing It
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: She is currently living with my husband and I.

« on: January 28, 2020, 07:59:44 PM »

I literally feel as though I'm going crazy. Our 29 year old daughter is currently living with us.  She's been with us since last February when she attempted suicide. She is diagnosed with BPD, bipolar, PTSD. depression, anxiety, and whatever else I forgot to mention.  I dread coming home from work, the tension in the house is immeasurable, and I genuinely don't know how much more I can take.  i have a therapist, but I still feel like I'm going to either implode or explode.  She is manipulative beyond words and thinks everything is my fault.  i am the target of her animosity.  
i just need to know that I'm not going crazy, although sometimes I think it would be easier if I were, because then maybe I just wouldn't notice.  it affects my marriage, my mental health, my energy level, and I'm finding it almost impossible to even like her.  in fact, sometimes I hate her, which is something that i would have thought i would think, let alone say, in a million years.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 07:20:11 AM by FaithHopeLove » Logged
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Blind1

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Living with them

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 08:35:15 AM »

Losing It, I'm so sorry to hear you in such pain. I wish I had some words of wisdom for you, but I don't. I just wanted to let you know you aren't alone and you aren't going crazy. I go thru the same emotions. My 18 yo daughter was just diagnosed with BPD and things have only gotten worse. My emotions are a complete roller coaster including thoughts of hate. She, like your daughter, blames me for everything and is very manipulative. I went through a really tough period where it was all comsuming, I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep, I was making very big mistakes at work, I was ignoring my other kids and my husband. The mere thought of my daughter would make my heart pound so bad my chest hurt. Things are a little better with me now, I have done a lot of praying and I keep trying to tell myself that it isn't me, it's her. And as tough as it is for me, I try to think about how awful she must feel and I'm hoping for the best. I will pray for you hope you can find some peace within yourself. Hopefully someone will have some words of wisdom for both of us. 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest