Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 05:00:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do I go from here?  (Read 353 times)
NH_Skier
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Husband

« on: February 19, 2020, 03:07:15 AM »

I was in a normal, or so I thought, relationship with a woman whom it became increasingly apparent, was suffering from BPD.   Towards the end, whne we got divorced, she admitted some 12 years prior to our 10 year marriage a doctor had told her she had bpd.    I have thought, slowly over the years that this person deliberately scrambled my sanity.   There were very few days, when I was at work, when there wasn't some BS rattling around my head from the night before, or the morning before work.

We got divorced in the most horrible divorce you could imagine.   Many legal complaints were falsely filed against me, and eventually when I was able to prove myself innocent, they thrown out of Court.    This went on during the year or so the divorce was pending, such that I have been falsely arrested 5 times, on made up accusations.   It's gotten to the point that the local police departments won't even listen to her anymore.    Nontheless, my life is in shambles, and I absolutely know I can never go back with this "woman", despite an overwhelming love for her.    Heartbreaking as it is, my thoughts turn to the idea that anyone who'd false domestic violence charges, wouldn't flinch in calling consensual sex - rape.

How do we go on, and even think about another relationship with another person, ever again?   I understand, accept, and became a proponent for the divorce, at the end stages.    Just trying to get a new handle on life, and figure this all out.   Any helpful advice, would be greatly appreciated.
Lucky Jim

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 10:01:26 AM »

Hey NHSkier, Welcome!  I'm sorry to hear what you have been through.  Your story is quite familiar to me and, I'm sure, to many others here.  You are not alone!  Like you, I went through a difficult divorce from my BPDxW, so I understand where you're coming from.  In some ways, you're lucky because you know you can never go back to your Ex, which is something that many here struggle with.

In terms of advice, I suggest you focus on yourself and your needs.  Listen to your gut feelings.  Strive for authenticity.  Get back to being who you are at your core.  Acknowledge your feelings as they arise, then let them pass through you.

I'm sure it doesn't feel like it now, yet in my view going through the BPD crucible makes you a stronger person and, ultimately, leads to greater happiness, which is what it's all about, right?

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest