Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 11:17:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Husband's Ex is diagnosed BPD  (Read 754 times)
mpacific

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex
Relationship status: No relationship

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2020, 08:17:43 AM »

Thank you ForeverDad you are always such a wealth of information.  We were up reading what we could most of the evening and were relieved to find it's reviewing the case and decision. No new evidence and hopefully won't be as long and drawn out.

She has until 7/31 to provide her complaints and considering who the appeal was sent to our guess is because the pediatrician wouldn't come back for a second day that is her angle. Which is fine, the pediatrician already stated she doesn't have anything to say to either side which is in evidence and why the hospital sent their lawyer vs. her wasting an entire day missing patients again.

Same firm, different lawyer doing the appeal. 

I think the tough part for us is financially they'll continue to bury us and scared what do we do when we are where we are now literally out of money to fight.  SD is worth every bit of it so we'll never stop fighting but with her and boyfriend moving in we were hopeful with joint decisions one of them would be rational.
livednlearned
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2020, 09:07:15 AM »

If you can, park the appeal and neverending fears aside and enjoy the very real victory you were awarded. The momentum is in your favor.

We have a saying here, Don't let them rent space in your head.

If you feel yourself ruminating on the legal stuff, try to come up with a way to shake those thoughts. For me, I decided my therapist and lawyer would help me handle what I was going through (and this board) and everything else was where I built a wonderful life.

My ex was a former trial attorney and we were in court on average once a month for four years. I began to think of him like a medical condition that was going to be part of my life, and did my best to make the most of it. After a while it became almost background noise.

It's really hard to get far with an appeal. Even so, I know the expense and having this stuff hang over your head takes a toll. If it helps, my current therapist (who is helping me in part with a BPD step daughter) explained that part of the effects of BPD splitting is to create friction. I found that useful because now I can recognize when SD23 is hard at work and do what I can to neutralize her efforts. You've already taken a giant step in the right direction. That's partly why she's still fighting -- she is desperate to get back to a one-up position even if it looks like a long shot.

Breathe.
mpacific

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex
Relationship status: No relationship

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2020, 08:30:18 AM »

If you can, park the appeal and neverending fears aside and enjoy the very real victory you were awarded. The momentum is in your favor.

We have a saying here, Don't let them rent space in your head.

If you feel yourself ruminating on the legal stuff, try to come up with a way to shake those thoughts. For me, I decided my therapist and lawyer would help me handle what I was going through (and this board) and everything else was where I built a wonderful life.

My ex was a former trial attorney and we were in court on average once a month for four years. I began to think of him like a medical condition that was going to be part of my life, and did my best to make the most of it. After a while it became almost background noise.

It's really hard to get far with an appeal. Even so, I know the expense and having this stuff hang over your head takes a toll. If it helps, my current therapist (who is helping me in part with a BPD step daughter) explained that part of the effects of BPD splitting is to create friction. I found that useful because now I can recognize when SD23 is hard at work and do what I can to neutralize her efforts. You've already taken a giant step in the right direction. That's partly why she's still fighting -- she is desperate to get back to a one-up position even if it looks like a long shot.

Livednlearned, thank you! I have been repeating the rent space in my head frequently Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) I'm making a few steps forward, one back. But at least I have some forward movement.

We had a successful hearing yesterday. The motion they requested to put up bond money to put everything on hold...yet they refused to put any money up. M'kay...so when they then said they would the judge denied it, she has to pay the legal fees to my attorney now and new order remains while they do their appeal.  Thank goodness!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest