Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 01:20:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Poll
Question: Is your BPD parent also a hoarder?
Yes - 3 (50%)
No - 2 (33.3%)
Maybe - 1 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update on my BPD mom and my situation.  (Read 725 times)
Amethyste

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« on: May 27, 2020, 10:20:17 AM »

Hello
I don't know if anyone remembers me but I posted back in 2018 about my uBPd mom.
I used to live with her and it was a nightmare. I had eczema all over my body and I started to get psoriasis just before I moved away.
I'm now living on my own and my eczema had cleared up and my health is much better. Although it has become a chronic issue as in whenever I'm stressed out or very anxious it's flares up but it doesn't last thankfully.
Anyway I wanted to ask if those who have parents with BPD are they obsessed with clutter. I forgot the name of the name but since I moved out her appartment has become a clutter mess. It was really bad when I was there I used to cry before starting the cleaning because everything I cleaned was a mess after a few hours I would cry everyday and I would tell her to throw stuff that wasn't useful all the time. But now that she's on her own it's getting very bad even my brother who's in denial about her issues we had a conversation about my mom a few days ago. My sister in law was quite shocked too. They didn't see all this because I was cleaning after her but now her place is a complete mess.
So yeah does anyone have a parent like that besides having BPD.
We had a family gathering a few days ago and she was mad because my sister couldn't be there so she didn't cook anything before we arrived and she cooked only once we arrived somehow I think it was to punish us. Her BPD is still very bad but at least I don't see her everyday but the few days I see her there is always some drama.
Amethyste

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 10:25:31 AM »

Ok it's called hoarding I thought there was another name for it.
Mata

Relationship status: In contact

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 05:32:46 PM »

Yes my BPD mom is a hoarder. Over the years her hoarding has changed focus from time to time. Growing up our house was in constant disarray.  When the piles of junk on the counter got to be too much, she would 'clean' by scooping it into boxes and moving it to the garage, to go through 'later'.  She could not throw things away because she was so worried something 'valuable' was in her junk piles. Then when I was in my early 20s she started hoarding pet rabbits. I had moved out by then. She had over 70 rabbits at one point.  She fancied herself a rabbit rescue, and had the animal control believing her.  But it was a mess and so obnoxious. Eventually my parents divorced and she got rid of them all.  Now, she collects rocks and leaves. Like thousands of them.  It's bizarre, but she feels she needs them.  The more anyone ever tries to talk to her about the hoarding, the more she does it, like a f--- you. So I just ignore it now.   She lives in an assisted living apartment and I figure if her junk and rock piles get bad enough they will step in.
Panda39

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex
Relationship status: SO and I have been together 9 years and have just moved in together this summer.

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 08:28:20 PM »

My Partner's uBPDxw is also a hoarder.  He would smuggle things out to the trash, she would search the trash and bring it all back in the house  Frustrated/Unfortunate (click to insert in post)   He literally had a bag of single non-matching socks (the sock monster got the rest...or they were lost in a cluttered house) put it in the trash and she brought them back in the house!  3 evictions and an unpaid storage unit took care of most of her stuff  Being cool (click to insert in post)

Her family has been paying for her to live in hotels which is probably good, only one room, maid service, little money, as well as cycling through various hotels should be keeping the amount of her belongings down.

Panda39

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and just said, I just don't care" -Pink
Amethyste

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 06:44:58 PM »

Hey thanks for the replies.
Should I make another thread with the question and the poll only so I can get more votes or answers? The title was kinda off topic.
Amethyste

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 06:48:33 PM »

Yes my BPD mom is a hoarder. Over the years her hoarding has changed focus from time to time. Growing up our house was in constant disarray.  When the piles of junk on the counter got to be too much, she would 'clean' by scooping it into boxes and moving it to the garage, to go through 'later'.  She could not throw things away because she was so worried something 'valuable' was in her junk piles. Then when I was in my early 20s she started hoarding pet rabbits. I had moved out by then. She had over 70 rabbits at one point.  She fancied herself a rabbit rescue, and had the animal control believing her.  But it was a mess and so obnoxious. Eventually my parents divorced and she got rid of them all.  Now, she collects rocks and leaves. Like thousands of them.  It's bizarre, but she feels she needs them.  The more anyone ever tries to talk to her about the hoarding, the more she does it, like a f--- you. So I just ignore it now.   She lives in an assisted living apartment and I figure if her junk and rock piles get bad enough they will step in.

Thanks I see yeah telling them to get rid of stuff is useless. Mine doesn't do it more but it doesn't change anything.
It's sad they don't realise it's not normal and they can seek help.
Amethyste

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 06:49:09 PM »

My Partner's uBPDxw is also a hoarder.  He would smuggle things out to the trash, she would search the trash and bring it all back in the house  Frustrated/Unfortunate (click to insert in post)   He literally had a bag of single non-matching socks (the sock monster got the rest...or they were lost in a cluttered house) put it in the trash and she brought them back in the house!  3 evictions and an unpaid storage unit took care of most of her stuff  Being cool (click to insert in post)

Her family has been paying for her to live in hotels which is probably good, only one room, maid service, little money, as well as cycling through various hotels should be keeping the amount of her belongings down.

Panda39
That's sad what a messy unstable life
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest