Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 03:47:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NPD  (Read 394 times)
SpacingAnn

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

NPD
« on: August 09, 2020, 09:26:27 AM »

I did a lot of reading here the last few weeks.  I am wondering if my husband could have NPD.  He has almost all of the traits.   He needs all of my attention all the time.  Basically 24/7.  If I text or call someone else, he gets very moody and quiet.  I have lost basically all of my friends and family.  He only wants to do things with just the two of us and/or the kids.  He needs constant admiration.  He is very paranoid.  He believes everyone wants to fight him or is looking at him or is following him or is annoying him on purpose. It is constant.  He believes that everyone is wrong and he is right.   Nobody can do things better than him.  He is the best, smartest, etc.  His looks are important to him but he is not over the top with that.  When I have a headache, he has the worst migraine.   He takes no ownership in how he treats me.  Everything is my fault.  They are all my issues.  He has done nothing.  I have made everything up.  It's me.  Always me. 

I think I have PTSD which has led me to have BPD traits.  At least he tells me I have BPD.  I guess when someone tells you you are wrong all the time, doesn't that stir up those BPD traits?  When your pain is so deep because what he has done to you but will  never acknowledge it or validate and just dismisses that he ever did anything, couldn't that bring out BPD traits in anyone?    I tell him repeatedly how much pain I am in and why I feel the way I do but he denies I feel that way.  He believes he has done nothing so I couldn't possibly feel the way I do.  I do my best not to trigger him.  He can get very angry. Not physically abusive, but just enough to where I sit and try not to make things worse.  He will ignore me.  He will go days without talking to me.  I feel if I didn't make the first move to talk to him first, we could live in silence the rest of the our lives.  I do want to make things work but is it possible to have a healthy relationship with someone that does not acknowledge your feelings about anything?  I feel stuck and sad. 
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest