Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 24, 2024, 12:50:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BPD Boyfriend broke up with me Part 2  (Read 740 times)
Flightfar

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Brokenup

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2020, 03:23:21 AM »

I'm not well, I feel sick to my stomach, it manifests as physical pain. How is this possible, he was so in love with me (at least that's what he said)? Yeah, I've heard that BPD people are able to move on quickly, but still, I can't wrap my head around this. When he left me, he said that he's better off alone, he definitely was not well, and still surely isn't, he has put on that mask again and acts normal.
Do BPD people have a tendency to mania? He was in a really deep depression in the summer and now he suddenly feels better and is able to have a relationship? What the heck happens?
I made that dating profile out of sheer curiosity, he must have noticed me there because his friend there sent me a message, in which they talked sh*t about me, I was a crazy whore and whatever else was said in that message.
I'm in total shock, how can someone change so quickly? He had a very empty look in his profile photo and now he's looking for a new victim there.
Funny how he thinks he's cured because now I am out of the picture. I was such a fool, I did everything for him and that's how he thanks me. I don't want him back anymore, I deleted all the contacts to him. I am traumatized, how can this be overcome?
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Flightfar

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2020, 03:43:02 AM »

He is looking for a cure for relationships and women. He realized I wasn’t the cure for his problems and now he thinks I’m to blame for everything and thinks the new woman will cure everything.
Even before it has gone that way. After a honeymoon, he sinks into depression -> his partner sees how messed up he is and he ends up leaving her and then the same cycle continues. What a fool I was. I regret everything.
Suspicious1

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken up & 'silent treatment'

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2020, 07:21:29 AM »

I recognise so much in your posts, I've had such similar experiences. With the benefit of time and reflection, I'd say that some people with BPD are looking to fill themselves up with someone. They feel empty and unsure themselves so their partner gives them some of their identity. They go looking for a new partner to fill that gap. When the new partner comes along they are relieved and grateful, and because this feels so good and so essential they paint the new partner 'white'. Inevitably no one can stay that way for long, but instead of thinking to themselves 'people are complex, there may be more to this person than I first thought and this does not reflect on me', I think the person with BPD becomes angry with the partner for 'tricking' them. And so distance themselves from what they see as irrecoverable character flaws, they push the new partner away hard.

In my experience, he'll feel better while the relationship is new, and therefore pin all his previous bad feelings on you; now you're out of his life, he feels better, therefore you must be the cause of his previous bad feelings. Except you weren't. And just as he got angry with you, he'll get angry with the new partner. No one can succeed at that impossible job. At least you get to walk away from his disorder; he never can.
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2020, 04:43:49 AM »

how are you holding up, Flightfar?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Flightfar

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2020, 11:05:21 AM »

Suspicious1, thank you for your response.

I'm good, I guess. I don't miss my ex anymore. The breakup was the best thing that has ever happened to my mental health. I can feel things, i can enjoy things, i can be happy. Finally I can be myself.

But unfortunately, I have gained trust issues, I fear that other people will abandon me.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest