Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 05:54:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books most popular with members
Stop Caretaking the
Borderline or the Narcassist
Stop Walking
on Eggshells
Journey from
Abandonment to Healing
The Search for Real Self
Unmasking Personality Disorders

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Taking one step at a time through this nightmare  (Read 392 times)
Lesscrazylife
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Separated/Divorcing

« on: August 30, 2020, 10:08:51 PM »

Separated with children. Each day is a new form of chaos. I have ignored it for months, answering only with facts and refusing to debate or argue. It doesn’t seem to let up. I’m slowly losing the kids to the smear campaign, and I can’t defend myself because I’m not suppose to talk about the divorce with my minor children. I’m avoiding major financial losses weekly as balls are intentionally dropped and I have to catch them before they fall.

Things were very dark when we first separated, but now after a few months, I think I will pull through this. Skin is thickening. Emotions have stabilized despite unrelenting and intelligently crafted attempts to cause me pain and anxiety. She is losing control.

Hopefully I can one day give back what I’ve received from many folks through this journey. Happy to be here.
Crispy Waffle

Relationship status: Divorced!

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 08:22:58 PM »

I often have a lot to say... this time, not so much. I don't know how old your kids are, but it's OK to set the record straight; just do so without attacking her. Act with integrity, show them love, demonstrate through words and deeds that you are the mature one, and find ways to demonstrate what reality is, and eventually they may be able to see the reality. But BPDs have a lot of skill at manipulating us. But if she is truly slipping, then she may lose control and others perhaps see things for that they are.
MeandThee29

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 07:37:12 AM »

My experience was that the divorce process was horrible but very validating in the end. Both lawyers were in the latter part of their careers and had never experienced anything like it. My constant refrain was, "no empathy and no regard for the law."
livednlearned
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 10:50:39 AM »

I’m slowly losing the kids to the smear campaign, and I can’t defend myself because I’m not suppose to talk about the divorce with my minor children

We might be able to help with this. It happens to most of us here to varying degrees of severity.

I didn't think I could defend myself either. There are fortunately a battery of skills that are not intuitive and must be learned (and practiced).

How old are the kids?

Breathe.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest