Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 02:09:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What’s up with the lying  (Read 392 times)
Shaken54

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex
Relationship status: Broken up

« on: October 06, 2020, 08:44:39 AM »

What makes them lie all the time practically, it’s about everything from what they do for a living to lying about daily life events and even if you confront them about it they lie still. Does anyone understand why they do this so often.
brighter future

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 10:17:11 AM »

What makes them lie all the time practically, it’s about everything from what they do for a living to lying about daily life events and even if you confront them about it they lie still. Does anyone understand why they do this so often.

My theory is they lie to try and compensate for their own inadequacies and their poor self image. My pwBPD ex-wife is a habitual liar who constantly projects and blames things on others. She reminded me several times that she "was the one with the Bachelor's degree." I guess she thought that trumped my Associates and made her smarter than me.   To this day, she is not self-sufficient and lives in a home that her parents purchased for her and drives a car that her parents purchased for her. She is 38 years old.  Frustrated/Unfortunate (click to insert in post) I am the residential parent of our child.

On our child's first day of school this year, she asked if she could drop by my home to take a photo of our child before she left for school that day, and I agreed to that. Later on that day on social media, she posted that photo of our child and stated how she got her ready for school that day and was apprehensive that she had to send her to school with a mask. First of all, she never got our child ready that day, nor did she send her or take her to school. Now she's telling our 8 year old child that her boss at work is mean to her as are some of her other co-workers, and she has our child repeating this to several people. That's really poor boundaries on my ex-wife's part. Seems like she's usually misrepresenting herself or someone else.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 10:23:27 AM by brighter future » Logged
FindingMe2011
a.k.a. *BeenThereB4*

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 05:07:15 PM »

They are attempting to be the person you believe they should be. They have an arrested psyche and struggle with interpersonal relationships, all of them. So try not to take it personally. They also believe this time they got it right. Its the order to the disorder. I wish you well, Peace
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest