Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 24, 2024, 08:32:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another future Is possible  (Read 424 times)
UnforgivenII

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: November 01, 2020, 03:09:44 PM »

Hello everyone.
I posted on this board 4 years ago and I was distraught, as many of you are now.
On this board I made wonderful friendships. And I met the man who is now my beloved husband.
Since then I have written a book, in my language (Italian) whose title is "Get your revenge blossoming".
This is what I want to leave you today.
Blossom.
I felt the need to come back on this board and let you know that Another future is possible.

Hang in there.
Cromwell
`

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 02:50:44 AM »

Thanks for the happy news Unforgiven
UnforgivenII

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 03:10:12 PM »

Thank you Cromwell. I have been short in describing my story, but everyone can go through my past posts on here and see how destroyed I was. My husband, who I met here (his nick was Claycrusher) has been a support and a friend before becoming my soulmate. All we learned through our sad experiences with Bpd helped us to build a meaningful and peaceful and stable relationship. When I went to therapy my therapist told me to write. Writing was so painful. But it helped a lot. And It became my book, that you can find here https://www.amazon.it/Vendicatevi-fiorendo-Pensieri-sopravvissuta-narcisistico/dp/8831344005/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=vendicatevi+fiorendo&qid=1604524181&sprefix=vendicatevi+fioren&sr=8-1
Cromwell
`

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 11:31:14 PM »

Incredible. Well done. I will buy a copy on the day when I learn Italian. Smiling (click to insert in post)

Thanks for inspiring and showing what is possible.
Cromwell
Legalalien94

Relationship status: Complicated

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 03:36:27 PM »

"Get your revenge blossoming".

This is what I use to power myself. The best revenge is being massively successful (in your own terms)
DiscoDave

Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2020, 10:01:09 AM »

Ciao UnforgivenII,

Congratulations on your recovery, your new relationship and of course your book!

My former partner was Italian, I naively put some of the 'craziness' to cultural differences, and I guess bought into the stereotype of Italians just being 'passionate'. I have come to that know this is not necessarily true, I know of other Italians who are very relaxed, reasonable and decent people!

In your research, or experience in writing the book did you find any evidence that may predispose Italians to personality disorders? I only ask inquisitively, (without meaning to criticise a whole population!) but one of my observations in spending quite a lot of time in Italy (particularly in the south) is that the influence and doting of the parents is quite extreme compared to the norms in my country, almost to the point of 'smothering' the offspring which can delay their maturation into fully independent adults. Would that be fair to say?

I hope your book gets translated into English so I can buy a copy!

Grazie mille! Auguri!
UnforgivenII

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2020, 09:23:08 PM »

This is what I use to power myself. The best revenge is being massively successful (in your own terms)
Exactly. It Is a big revenge. Even if I prefer to call It Justice.
UnforgivenII

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2020, 09:26:58 PM »

Ciao UnforgivenII,

Congratulations on your recovery, your new relationship and of course your book!

My former partner was Italian, I naively put some of the 'craziness' to cultural differences, and I guess bought into the stereotype of Italians just being 'passionate'. I have come to that know this is not necessarily true, I know of other Italians who are very relaxed, reasonable and decent people!

In your research, or experience in writing the book did you find any evidence that may predispose Italians to personality disorders? I only ask inquisitively, (without meaning to criticise a whole population!) but one of my observations in spending quite a lot of time in Italy (particularly in the south) is that the influence and doting of the parents is quite extreme compared to the norms in my country, almost to the point of 'smothering' the offspring which can delay their maturation into fully independent adults. Would that be fair to say?

I hope your book gets translated into English so I can buy a copy!

Grazie mille! Auguri!

Believe me, personality disorders have nothing to do with nationality. I admit that Southern Italy culture can encourage narcissism, but in the male members of the family. There Is still a lot of sexism there. But you can say the same about so many other cultures. Personality disorders are everywhere, unfortunately.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest