Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 09:18:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't ignore
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Why We Struggle in Our Relationships
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ex has disturbing relationship with her father  (Read 357 times)
reemus
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Friend
Relationship status: estranged

« on: November 22, 2020, 01:29:44 PM »

Just a heads up: you might find the topic of this post very strange or disturbing. I have no idea where else to ask this question.

So I recently broke up with my ex who has BPD. She was sexually abused by her father over an extended period of time from childhood through her late teens. She moved out at 19 and cut contact with him. It's been 6 years since she's talked to him. I found out that he recently reached out to her and she agreed to meet up with him for dinner. I also found out that they've shared a hotel room (in her hometown) on multiple occasions. Knowing what I know about her and how she is, I worry that her father is trying to or even succeeding in convincing her that sex is the only way to get the validation that she so desperately desires from him. She has literally nobody else close to her in her life at this point. I know this sounds horrible but I've seen her do bad things when she's stressed and acting on impulse, including sleeping with basically anyone.

Is this something that can happen with victims of sexual abuse? Is it common or even heard of that they will willingly return to their abusers, even if it's their own father? Or am I looking way too far into this? I feel crazy even asking this question but it's really got me worried. Sharing a hotel room is really suspect to me.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 11:14:12 PM by Turkish » Logged
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 11:16:41 PM »

Hi reemus,

That certainly sounds concerning. Though you broke it off, how long ago was that and are you still in contact?

T

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest