Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 08:45:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transitioning from partner to carer after initiating a breakup with bpd ex  (Read 564 times)
Bri of Ohi

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Seperated

« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2021, 10:31:42 AM »

Don't take this wrong Terriblehats,  but your journal above is curiously familiar.  As if you were my ex writing about how you were dealing with me.  The timeline is very close to mine.
They have undiagnosed BPD an believe I am the with the/a disorder (long story). My significant other is very intelligent and sweet to other's, going to great lengths for other people.  However there are several triggers that will make them behave like a child or act out in rage.  You don't know the trigger until it's been tripped.

Anyway just wanted to say thank you for sharing all your efforts with us. 
And I will say '70/30'. (my ex would know what that means) ;)
khibomsis

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Grieving

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2021, 03:05:58 PM »

Hey TH, thanks for checking in! It is great to hear that things are going well with you. I am glad you feel you did the right thing, no matter how hard. Yes, don't be in a hurry to date. For many of us it is good to ponder why we got attracted to a pwBPD in the first place. That is what I am doing. 
I am doing OK too, life been a little crazy but we get along much better. I think there is a lot to be said for the notion that a full-on relationship triggers all their dysfunctions. One of the reasons I left was precisely because I thought I had become her trigger. Now that I am not trying to make it work, we are doing just fine. Helped also by the fact that she is working real hard and is getting better and better control over her dysregulations.
Am I detaching successfully? Probably not. But I look at her improving and think whatever we are doing to make that happen is all good.  Am glad I didn't go NC though it is not easy doing it this way.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest