Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 05:40:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: From Hero to Villan  (Read 410 times)
tigers17

What is your sexual orientation: Confidential
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling
Relationship status: only sibling

« on: January 28, 2021, 05:05:10 PM »

I went from being the lighthouse in her life, to her avoiding me and ghosting me at all costs.

I went from having a sister, to being public enemy number one.
The cause was nothing substantial, of course. But I know the story she has now convinced herself is reality, and I am the culprit of all things bad now apparently. Long story short, she didn't get her way, and now I was the one who was never there for her or had her back.

I'm sure some small unconscious piece misses being that person for her, that hero or go-to. But my larger conscious mind just misses having a sister.

Half of me wants to reach out because I miss my sister.
The other half doesn't miss the tip-toeing.

I don't miss having to hide that I'm going to visit my family or go to Disneyland with my family because I know she will somehow feel left out or uninvited (which is never the case).

I don't miss having to worry about what I do or don't post on social media (she's blocked me on all accounts).

I don't miss always overthinking or second guessing what I'm saying, posting, doing, deciding out of fear of hurting her feelings or having to manage her outbreak.

But I do miss my sister. I do miss laughing with her, sending each other funny memes or sharing funny stories.

I do miss getting lunch, having dance parties or laughing about life.
I wish I didn't have to stress about seeing her at my dad's upcoming wedding, I wish I could look forward to it and doing it together.

Right when I feel compassionate enough to text her because I know she is feeling isolated, I don't because of all the unknowns of How she may respond, How she may lash out at me, How it would move forward, etc.

Does anyone else have a constant chess match going on in their head with their relationship with a BPD?

I am stuck with so many questions of what our adult sisterhood will or won't look like. I know what I want, I know the reality of BPD, but I don't know if there is a balance of having her in my life and avoiding the constant back and forth.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest