Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 06:38:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Parents! Get help here!
Saying "I need help" is a huge first step. Here is what to do next.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: navigating the site  (Read 412 times)
mamalynn
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: married

« on: October 11, 2021, 05:58:44 PM »

My 25 year old daughter just spent a week in a hospital several states away for having suicidal thoughts. While there, she was diagnosed with BPD. We knew she had attachment issues as she was adopted, though she came to us when she was only 3 days old. I had heard of BPD but knew virtually nothing about it. When she read the characteristics over the phone to me, it described her to a T.
My first question is if it is okay to scroll the posts and just read questions and answers of other posters and if so how do you get in?
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
kells76
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 08:00:50 PM »

Hello and welcome, mamalynn  Welcome new member (click to insert in post)

First of all, yes, absolutely it's ok to just read other posts -- you can glean a wealth of info that way. There's no pressure to participate -- any level of involvement that is comfortable for you is just fine!

In terms of "getting in", are you asking about how to to post/reply? Try clicking the title of the thread you want to reply to, and in the upper right corner there should be a small green "reply" button. Hit that and a text box will open up where you can type. When you're done, scroll down a tad and there will be 2 buttons below the text box, one says Post and another Preview. Make sure you have Internet before clicking one, then you are set! Let us know if this doesn't quite answer your question.

Glad you found the group -- people here really get it about having a family member with BPD. No matter how weird, intense, traumatic, bizarre, whatever, this is a place for you to read, share, learn, and be yourself.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest