Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 06:48:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to die  (Read 549 times)
Cromwell
`

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2021, 05:00:48 AM »

Mir geht's besser, danke. Thanks for asking Cromwell. After these r*** flashbacks it's like I have to crawl my way back to sanity from the edge. It's awful.

How are you?

Awful shows how much you have the ability to give love, to be deeply hurt but then to heal and learn.

There is more to life to look forward to, since leaving her I've had many happy moments, and these are more recall because they are more recent. But yes it was awful and many days were horrific. It got eaiser though and its explained by self focus and self preservation. The relationship is over, its me that gets priority and help and kindness and gifts and so on. It was difficult at first but ive got used to it.

Some of the best advice i got was to accept the feelings but not to suspend life and make this more attention than it already received. You are sane, depression is normal after these relationships and can make feeling a loss of sanity, a false signal but a known symptom.

Another suggestion was give myself a year to feel better and this was almost exactly correct. From a neuroscientist. It was accurate, the brain goes through physiological changes from being in such high stimulation situations. It needed time to learn that the danger was gone and could now chill out and still have fun but the non hurtful type. I suppose im curious now to learn some sort of musical instrument simply because I've ran out of sports, and want to give some different brain circuits a bit of a new challenge. Always busy poppy, always on the go. Have a good day and see you later. Thanks!
Sappho11

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2021, 07:32:19 AM »

poppy, it might be a truism, but I recently saw this quote and I thought of you:

"Maybe you’re not healing because you’re trying to be who were before the trauma. That person doesn’t exist anymore, because there’s a new you trying to be born. Breathe life into that person."

It might not feel this way right now, but you've got this. Things won't go back to the way they were before, but they will be okay. Virtual hug (click to insert in post)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest