Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 01:16:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Our abuse recovery guide
Survivor to Thriver | Free download.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to escape the drama triangle according to Stephen Karpman himself  (Read 432 times)
Couscous

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling
Relationship status: Married

« on: December 01, 2021, 01:07:50 PM »

Here it is, straight from the horse's mouth: Avoid slippery people (so my entire family). Address one's co-dependency. Which is, of course, what people on this board have been trying to tell me, ever so gently.  Smiling (click to insert in post)

Has anybody here tried out and liked the ASCA's support groups? Or SMART recovery groups? I didn't love the one ACA meeting I attended last year because of the religious overtones (triggering due to my religious upbringing) so I'm hoping to find an alternative.

ESCAPE TRIANGLES
“How do I get out of the triangle?” One place to start is with knowledge of the roles and
switches, knowledge of how and why you got there, and knowledge of the
consequences. As games escalate to 1st, 2nd, or 3rd levels, 1) the number of players
increase, 2) the geography covered widens, 3) the confusion and complexity increases,
and 4) the stakes increase to the level of “dire consequences.” Additional reading of
books on co-dependency and 12 step meetings are informative and supportive of
change. Avoid slippery places, slippery people, and slippery thinking. Change your
friends when you get free. With knowledge, when one then senses an invitation to a
new drama beginning, they can say “no” to drama.

Source: https://www.karpmandramatriangle.com/pdf/thenewdramatriangles.pdf

HappyChappy

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 02:12:53 PM »

Good post: I just avoided a drama triangle, BPD offered financial help, then took it away, then I remembered she'd done this countless times before to countless people, so avoided getting upset or debating it - there is no help, there never will be. Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

“Slippery People” is a single on the Talking Heads Album “Stop Making Sence” which opens with the song "Psycho Killer". That ablum was ahead of it's time (1984).

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go. Wilde.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest