Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 02:30:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unblocked on instagram  (Read 752 times)
whoboyboyy
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Dumped

« on: June 01, 2022, 05:29:52 PM »

hey everyone. Since about April I've been NC with my ex who dumped me for my own sanity. She had previously blocked me on instagram and I had removed her from everywhere else. However, yesterday I was searching up a new aquintance on instagram and when I began typing my ex's name immediately popped up. Surprised and curious I gave in and looked on her profile just to find out that she had already began a new relationship after telling me she didnt want to date anyone else and that relationships had ruined her life. Is this something she did to get a reaction out of me? I understand the honeymoon phase and all of that but she has so many posts with this guy she just started dating its crazy. She had like 6 pics with him. I don't see why else she would go out of her way to unblock me either. She looks happy enough with this new guy and he seems like an upgrade from me. I also noticed that she still has a video of us together on her account. Am I reading into this too much or could she be baiting a reaction out of me, or even planning to reach out eventually? I feel like i've been driving myself crazy wondering about this and would appreciate you guys' opinions.
getfree

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2022, 12:21:03 PM »

hey everyone. Since about April I've been NC with my ex who dumped me for my own sanity. She had previously blocked me on instagram and I had removed her from everywhere else. However, yesterday I was searching up a new aquintance on instagram and when I began typing my ex's name immediately popped up. Surprised and curious I gave in and looked on her profile just to find out that she had already began a new relationship after telling me she didnt want to date anyone else and that relationships had ruined her life. Is this something she did to get a reaction out of me? I understand the honeymoon phase and all of that but she has so many posts with this guy she just started dating its crazy. She had like 6 pics with him. I don't see why else she would go out of her way to unblock me either. She looks happy enough with this new guy and he seems like an upgrade from me. I also noticed that she still has a video of us together on her account. Am I reading into this too much or could she be baiting a reaction out of me, or even planning to reach out eventually? I feel like i've been driving myself crazy wondering about this and would appreciate you guys' opinions.

Hey whoboyboyy and welcome to the forum.

Seems pretty obvious to me at least that she has done this on purpose so that you can see her new boyfriend/supply and she's hoping to get a rise out of you.

My ex recently did something similar by blocking me on Instagram but constantly updating her WhatsApp status with happy photos with her new boyfriend (she has never used WhatsApp status before so I think it was clearly aimed at me).

The best thing to do I think is not to react, if you are going to become obsessive about viewing her IG then I'd recommend blocking her or at least disabling your account for a while if you are more comfortable to do so.

In my view she is either trying to triangulate you with him or just, somewhat sadistically, see if you will react or get upset.

-getfree
LaRonge

Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2022, 02:32:46 PM »

Unfollow and block. You have literally nothing to gain and a lot to lose—your mental energy, your self-worth, your time—by ever looking at her Instagram or anything else again. Take your power back, don't let her toy with you, and be glad that you're free of her chaos.
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2022, 05:59:11 PM »

I also noticed that she still has a video of us together on her account. Am I reading into this too much or could she be baiting a reaction out of me, or even planning to reach out eventually? I feel like i've been driving myself crazy wondering about this and would appreciate you guys' opinions.

at the end of the day, you know her better than we do.

your hunch may be emotionally driven, and lord knows i read far too much into what my ex was posting back in the day, but i think more important than what you read into it is how you react, or not to it.

people block others when they feel the need to send a message, and/or erect very high walls. when they unblock, if they do, its because they no longer feel the need for those walls.

i think that it would be a classic mistake to read into it that she is inviting you to contact her, even if she were. people do this, frequently, and then when the unblocked party reaches out, they block them again.

so what i think you can reliably take from it, is that she doesnt feel the need to keep you blocked on this medium. it need not be more, or less than that.

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
SinisterComplex
Senior Ambassador

Relationship status: Broken Up

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2022, 02:58:46 AM »

I am going to more or less agree with my teammate OR here, but in more succinct terms. There is no need to overthink this. Don't waste any effort or time on it. It is essentially much ado about nothing. Even if this was an indirect way of communicating...you have to ask yourself does it really matter? Go on about your business and DO YOU.

Cheers and best wishes!

-SC-

Through Adversity There is Redemption!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest