Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 12:35:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quiet borderlines are so much worse  (Read 646 times)
SurvivalGuy

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken up

« on: June 21, 2023, 03:04:06 AM »

Hi guys, hope you’re all doing okay.

This video explains my un-exBPDgf to a tee.

https://youtu.be/t_6fBwGE_Ls

What makes it worse is that I never really knew what she was thinking compared to your classic BPD. What also makes it worse is her projections and frustrations were more subtle and harder to read at the time. There were definitely some heated outbursts where we could resolve the issue through communication, but it’s those small, subtle ones where you didn’t know what she was really thinking. Only upon reflection do they make some sense. For example, she knew my values and would have small digs at them.

Quiet BPDs also come across as so innocent and caring so it makes it even harder to move on. I wish she hit me or raged a lot more so there is evidence that something is very wrong with her.
capecodling

Relationship status: Single

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 11:56:41 AM »

Thanks for sharing!  Many of these describe my ex BPD. I found her so much more difficult than previous BPD partners, who were more overtly, crazy and hostile, with her the aspects of quiet BPD always left me second-guessing myself, even though I felt constantly horrible around her.

One particular thing in the video that really jumped out, was how quiet BPDs wear masks. Most of my friends who met her ended up saying that was their impression of her, and I always felt like she wore such a mask too, always hiding her true self, whoever that was, in 18 months I felt like I never got to truly know her.
NarcsEverywhere

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Living Together

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2023, 08:12:05 PM »

I get it survival guy, the only signs I had with my friends mom who was close enough to almost be my gf, was that she was a little over the top nice, and gave me mixed messages on my poems, later she turned on a dime, and used my own friends suicide against me. I get so mad at her sometimes that it’s brooding hatred. She came off as a sweet motherly figure. I think out of all of them she was the worst, because in the end she stooped the lowest. Didn’t see it coming at all.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 08:18:04 PM by NarcsEverywhere » Logged
SurvivalGuy

Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2023, 03:52:42 AM »

[quote I felt like I never got to truly know her.
[/quote]

100% agree. She was so secretive about her past and would mostly deflect any questions with regards to getting to know her. The only personality she has was being a victim.
NarcsEverywhere

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Living Together

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2023, 10:20:39 AM »

Yeah, the girl I’m talking about only talked about her past at the love bomb stage, to get my sympathy card going, and to mirror, or a few times about gaming. Most of her personality was about bragging, being a victim and focusing on winning popularity contests, scapegoating others, and preserving her self image over her sons suicide.

One thing I am realizing is that I just simply will never want to be close friends with someone who cares about image more than having a heart and a sense of ethics, it’s antithetical to who I am. Even if I can get cocky sometimes. Besides, no matter how popular you are, the most lonely thing isn’t being alone like I am, it’s being estranged from who you really are. Be true to yourself man.
capecodling

Relationship status: Single

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2023, 11:59:37 PM »

I agree with what both of you said.  The main identity of mine was that of a victim, at the same time she put on this front about forgiving and loving everyone, but I doubt she had much forgiveness in her.  She was just smart enough to know the image she needed to project to the world to garner sympathy from others.  Likely she sees me as yet another person who “took advantage” of her, even though everyone around me was constantly telling me it was she who was taking advantage of me.  There are definitely ways in which my quiet borderline was in a way the worst, because it took so long to clearly identify the toxicity of my relationship with her.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest