Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 10:22:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coping with PTSD / Update  (Read 264 times)
yellowbutterfly

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: DIVORCED and in recovery from PTSD

« on: November 27, 2022, 12:25:52 PM »

hi everyone,

For the most part, I've been doing really well lately. I took time to travel, and reflect. I'm feeling more and more like myself each day. I was able to see friends, family, and even went on a few dates. I've been keeping up with therapy, meditating, yoga/pilates/stretching, started writing, and doing lots of reading to heal.

However, I've been experiencing horrible dreams and then twice now I've had a PTSD episode in a certain travel situation that mimicked the experience with my stbxH uBPD. An incident during our relationship occurred exiting a train and on the platform to the station. He treated me like a hostage and I was terrified he might push me on the tracks.  He kept nudging me in the back, telling me to walk in front of him like "a good girl". It was frightening. When I'd try to put people between us, he'd circle back and do it again.

So, two times now, I've traveled by train and returned to the station in our town and had what I am certain is a PTSD attack. I felt shakey physically, thought I was going to faint, trembled, my heart racing, scary thoughts looking around for him. The first time it wasn't as bad and I was able to control a lot of it with breathing and grounding (thanks to some great books I've been reading). Today, it was AWFUL. I am still trembling hours later.

Not sure what I'm expecting to hear from others with this post, mostly, I'm just scared. I know rationally what's happening to me is a flashback episode that manifests in the brain/body but at the same time, it FEELS like it's real and happening all over again. The feeling is hard to dispel right now...

Cat Familiar
Senior Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2022, 01:25:07 PM »

That’s a powerful message to you from your inner wisdom. He is not a safe person for you.

“The Four Agreements  1. Be impeccable with your word.  2. Don’t take anything personally.  3. Don’t make assumptions.  4. Always do your best. ”     ― Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
yellowbutterfly

Relationship status: DIVORCED and in recovery from PTSD

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2022, 01:48:35 PM »

No, he's not a safe person. I'm so thankful I'm near the end of the divorce process!

Plus, I've learned so much from my relationship with him and realized just how strong and resilient I am.
Cat Familiar
Senior Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2022, 04:58:40 PM »

I've learned so much from my relationship with him and realized just how strong and resilient I am.

Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

“The Four Agreements  1. Be impeccable with your word.  2. Don’t take anything personally.  3. Don’t make assumptions.  4. Always do your best. ”     ― Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
SinisterComplex
Senior Ambassador

Relationship status: Broken Up

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2022, 05:00:58 PM »

No, he's not a safe person. I'm so thankful I'm near the end of the divorce process!

Plus, I've learned so much from my relationship with him and realized just how strong and resilient I am.

Sometimes you have to go through hardship to learn the truth about yourself. Does it suck going through hard times...of course. However, on the flip side it makes you stronger and better. This is why I preach never backing down from confrontation and conflict. They are necessary evils to help make us grow and become better versions of ourselves.

Cheers and best wishes!

-SC-
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 06:46:43 PM by SinisterComplex » Logged

Through Adversity There is Redemption!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest