Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 10:23:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My ex is completely delusional  (Read 400 times)
Karma 67
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken up

« on: January 31, 2023, 04:44:16 PM »

Hello,and thank for reading this.I recently broke up with my ex who has BPD.Twice I’ve been cheated on, and decided there won’t be a third time.I have been committed to No Contact for 2months now.When I found out she was lining up her next victim I left her.The day I left her her daughter left as well after years of dealing with her mothers abuse and drug addiction.I’m still in contact with her daughter,who is an awesome person and always viewed me as her dad. She is safe and happily living with a family member.The most heartbreaking part is she hasn’t even tried to contact her daughter or try to understand why she left.I was blamed for her daughter leaving by the ex,I had nothing to do with it.The ex needs to take responsibility for her daughter’s trauma and emotional abuse over the years.What kind of parent does this to a child? Who would ever ignore their child in their hour of need?How do help her daughter?I talk to her daughter every day and will stand by her because I adore her and will help her emotionally and financially.I just started paying for her daughters therapist.Has anyone else had a similar situation?
SinisterComplex
Senior Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken Up

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2023, 01:04:15 AM »

Hello,and thank for reading this.I recently broke up with my ex who has BPD.Twice I’ve been cheated on, and decided there won’t be a third time.I have been committed to No Contact for 2months now.When I found out she was lining up her next victim I left her.The day I left her her daughter left as well after years of dealing with her mothers abuse and drug addiction.I’m still in contact with her daughter,who is an awesome person and always viewed me as her dad. She is safe and happily living with a family member.The most heartbreaking part is she hasn’t even tried to contact her daughter or try to understand why she left.I was blamed for her daughter leaving by the ex,I had nothing to do with it.The ex needs to take responsibility for her daughter’s trauma and emotional abuse over the years.What kind of parent does this to a child? Who would ever ignore their child in their hour of need?How do help her daughter?I talk to her daughter every day and will stand by her because I adore her and will help her emotionally and financially.I just started paying for her daughters therapist.Has anyone else had a similar situation?

Hello and Welcome Karma.  Welcome new member (click to insert in post) I am happy you found us, but sorry for the circumstances that led to you seeking us out. Please feel welcome to continue to vent, share, and ask as many questions to your heart's content. I will check in again with you and be paying attention, but I will be waiting on the community and the rest of the team to jump in and support you. I'll be watching.

Cheers and Best Wishes!

-SC-

Through Adversity There is Redemption!
SaltyDawg

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Moderately High Conflict Marriage (improving)

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 06:08:30 AM »

Hello,and thank for reading this.I recently broke up with my ex who has BPD.Twice I’ve been cheated on, and decided there won’t be a third time.
My first dance with the uBPD/NPDexgf was exactly like that.  I went NC [except to recover my personal belonging and a vehicle that I paid for].

The most heartbreaking part is she hasn’t even tried to contact her daughter or try to understand why she left.I was blamed for her daughter leaving by the ex,I had nothing to do with it. The ex needs to take responsibility for her daughter’s trauma and emotional abuse over the years.What kind of parent does this to a child? Who would ever ignore their child in their hour of need?
An emotionally dysregulated and dysfunctional ones - just as she had no feelings for you when she cheated, there is a similar mechanism going on for her daughter too, sounds more NPD than BPD, even though both can coexist.

How do help her daughter?I talk to her daughter every day and will stand by her because I adore her and will help her emotionally and financially.I just started paying for her daughters therapist.Has anyone else had a similar situation?
You are helping in a very good way.  However, I am going to recommend Paragraph header (click to insert in post) as you can become emotionally attached to her daughter in potentially emotionally unhealthy ways.

My situation occurred in the late 1990's similar to yours.  The kids did not have cell phones in those days.  So, I did go NC after some financial support.

Do self-care, get yourself into individual therapy, to sort out your own emotions.

Also, ask questions here.  Vent.  Do what is best for you, as only you can take care of you.

NarcsEverywhere

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Living Together

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2023, 07:42:36 AM »

Good for you for being so supportive of her, and helping her get therapy! It isn't right that they abandon/neglect people during their hour of need, my Dad does the same thing. They do it because they are basically emotionally distraught children, on an emotional level, and can't actually handle responsibility, and mostly think of themselves. It's a sad situation, hopefully her daughter will fare better than her, with the help of you and other people in her life.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest