Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 09:34:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Husband has bpd  (Read 190 times)
Scorpio2004
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Seperated

« on: January 25, 2023, 04:35:45 PM »

Hi there, my husband has bpd and he left me after splitting on me on 12th November, he did come back when I didn’t expect but was drunk so I refused to talk to him, I’ve been emailing him to tell him he needs help and if he didn’t go therapy I wasn’t going to take the abuse. I’m Muslim and he needs to give me the divorce so I can move on and he isn’t giving it, I’ve been such a good wife, trying to explain his disorder to him and saying I’ll support him if he gets help, but I’ve got adhd and sometimes I need extra help and he doesn’t understand how I feel. Wondering why he doesn’t just give me my divorce since he doesn’t want nothing to do with me. Can someone pls help.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

kells76
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 05:04:11 PM »

Hi Scorpio2004, welcome to the group  Welcome new member (click to insert in post)

Your situation sounds so difficult -- you want your H to get help, and if he chooses not to, you are ready to be done. Yet, he seems to hang on to the marriage (not granting a divorce), despite his contradictory attitudes and behaviors.

It's good to hear that you're trying emailing. In any relationship, when verbal conversations get emotional or escalate, it can be helpful to find other ways to communicate. What have you noticed when emailing instead of talking in person -- things going better/less heated, worse, other?

You're also not alone in coping with ADHD and having a PD (personality disordered) spouse. Can I ask, have you tried any therapy, counseling, medication, etc, to manage your ADHD? How has that gone?

Since you last posted, any updates in his behavior? Has he come and gone again, stayed at home, etc? How about you -- how have you held up?

I want you to know that your post is here on the "Bettering a relationship" board, even though you're pondering divorce, because at any stage of a relationship with a pwBPD (person with BPD), the tools and skills we learn on "Bettering" can help make things "less worse". In fact, when you have a chance, check out some of our tools (like this video on ending conflicts) and let us know if any of it resonated with you.

Keep us posted, and again, welcome;

kells76
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest