Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 05:30:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things I couldn't have known
Supporting a Child in Therapy for Borderline Personality Disorder
Anosognosia and Getting a "Borderline" into Therapy
Am I the Cause of Borderline Personality Disorder?
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Poll
Question: is schizophrenia  a component of BpD?
respond to story - 0 (0%)
give counsel on how to move forward - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: personality issues  (Read 415 times)
1LuckyDog

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: married

« on: March 15, 2023, 07:12:10 PM »

I can't even go into all the details ...It is so deep and I can't describe the whole backstory here, but, over the course of a day my adult daughter (33 years old) can go from adult grumpy hungover in morning, confrontational when questioned then revert to a 16 year old asking for permission to go out (at 1pm in the afternoon) Then 33 year old adult going to a singles dance in the evening. Is this BPD or Schizophrenia? or both? so confused and emotionally exhausted from this behavior. Paragraph header  (click to insert in post)
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Sancho
Ambassador

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 04:35:11 AM »

Hi 1LuckyDog
Thanks for the post. It is difficult from what you describe to say whether/what mental health issue your dd has. There are quite definite criteria that have to be ticked off before a diagnosis is given.

I understand that there is probably lots you could say about what is/has happened in your household, but I understand your decision to just spell out a 'typical' day.

It must be difficult to go on that rollercoaster of a day! Has your dd every been assessed by a mental health practitioner? If not, is there any chance you could talk to her about seeing someone? Just on the day you describe, could dd be depressed?

Sorry I am not more helpful. It is just so important to have the correct diagnosis as the basis of treatment and even how to co-exist. I hope you get some insight into what BPD looks like by reading the posts here.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest