Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 10:10:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hello and update  (Read 2760 times)
yellowbutterfly

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: DIVORCED and in recovery from PTSD

« on: March 24, 2024, 10:26:05 PM »

It's been a few months since I've been active on this board, so I wanted to give you all an update on how I'm doing.

If you recall, I suffered some horrific abuse (emotional, psychological, and some physical) from my ex-h uBPD in 2022. I developed debilitating PTSD from my relationship with that person. I tried for over a year to cope with therapy but this past fall I took myself to get more serious help as the PTSD got worse.

I am thrilled to say after 5 months of inpatient hospitalization and intensive outpatient work, I am very low on the PTSD scale! I can think, I can work, I am no longer frozen, unable to function as all my brain power was taken up by reliving the nightmare that was that relationship.

It is a joyous sentence to write, I could be considered PTSD symptom-free.

I feel alive again! I don't rely on klonapin to leave the house. I still have triggers from that relationship and the abuse, but I know how to get back to a healthy window of tolerance.

I have boundaries!

I am alive and happy!

I can feel my feelings again, not just fear and anxiety.

Those of you who followed my journey will know just how important being able to update you on this is! Thank you to everyone who helped me through those times of despair and utter FOG in that relationship. This board was a lifeline for me.

Post-treatment, I am in recovery from the abuse/PTSD and I feel confident about each new day. Now, it is time for the hard work of repairing my life from all the other damage that was done by that person. While I hit rock bottom a few months ago, I can say all the work was worth the time and I'm slowing climbing up that mountain.

For all of you who are deep in the FOG, thinking of leaving, contemplating getting help for yourself, protecting yourself and/or your children. Remember YOU are strong, capable, and inherently worthy.

With love from the other side of it all

YB
BigEasyHeart

Relationship status: broken up

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 09:00:25 AM »

yellowbutterfly,

It's so great to hear you are doing so well! Congratulations on all your hard work and accomplishments. Thanks for checking in!

jaded7

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: unclear

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2024, 10:35:38 AM »

It's been a few months since I've been active on this board, so I wanted to give you all an update on how I'm doing.

If you recall, I suffered some horrific abuse (emotional, psychological, and some physical) from my ex-h uBPD in 2022. I developed debilitating PTSD from my relationship with that person. I tried for over a year to cope with therapy but this past fall I took myself to get more serious help as the PTSD got worse.

I am thrilled to say after 5 months of inpatient hospitalization and intensive outpatient work, I am very low on the PTSD scale! I can think, I can work, I am no longer frozen, unable to function as all my brain power was taken up by reliving the nightmare that was that relationship.

It is a joyous sentence to write, I could be considered PTSD symptom-free.

I feel alive again! I don't rely on klonapin to leave the house. I still have triggers from that relationship and the abuse, but I know how to get back to a healthy window of tolerance.

I have boundaries!

I am alive and happy!

I can feel my feelings again, not just fear and anxiety.

Those of you who followed my journey will know just how important being able to update you on this is! Thank you to everyone who helped me through those times of despair and utter FOG in that relationship. This board was a lifeline for me.

Post-treatment, I am in recovery from the abuse/PTSD and I feel confident about each new day. Now, it is time for the hard work of repairing my life from all the other damage that was done by that person. While I hit rock bottom a few months ago, I can say all the work was worth the time and I'm slowing climbing up that mountain.

For all of you who are deep in the FOG, thinking of leaving, contemplating getting help for yourself, protecting yourself and/or your children. Remember YOU are strong, capable, and inherently worthy.

With love from the other side of it all

YB

Such great news! Thank you for sharing this and congratulations on your recovery. You put in some very serious work and show both how hard this is, and that we can overcome.
yellowbutterfly

Relationship status: DIVORCED and in recovery from PTSD

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2024, 12:55:44 PM »

Thank you both!

Each day is a new day and the healing doesn't stop. I am glad I was able to get help as it felt hopeless to continue on at the time.

Today, I am feeling a little anxious and out of sorts which goes to show that it is a process.

SinisterComplex
Senior Ambassador

Relationship status: Broken Up

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2024, 02:52:52 AM »

Thank you both!

Each day is a new day and the healing doesn't stop. I am glad I was able to get help as it felt hopeless to continue on at the time.

Today, I am feeling a little anxious and out of sorts which goes to show that it is a process.

It is indeed a process. It may sound corny or cliche but truly always keep the ideal of Rome wasn't built in a day in mind...it helps to stay present and know if you stay the course greatness is possible.

Cheers and Best Wishes!

-SC-

Through Adversity There is Redemption!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest