Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 08:32:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need your help  (Read 846 times)
Skip
Site Director

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: December 21, 2006, 07:54:12 AM »

Fellow Nook members

We need your help to make this new website visible to members here. We just completed it.

The only way this site is seen is through links on individual posts (see my link/logo below).  Without your help, this site will not be readily seen.

If you support this effort,  please help other Nookies and the Newbies see "bpdfamily.com" by displaying a link/logo in your profile.

Click Here / Step by step instructions

bpdfamily.com is a grass roots effort approved by this site - it is a co-op of articles suggested by members with selection based on member votes. Only the top 15 are displayed.

There is hope if you are in a BP relationship. Knowledge, support, and the willingness to change is the key. Begin your journey with  "bpdfamily.com."  I am very impressed with this site. It is a great tool.

Susan Peabody, Author of Addiction to Love: Overcoming Obsession and Dependency in Relationships.

We are only making this one request,  this one time, only.

I am retiring from bpdfamily at the end of this month. This is my last "project". 

I've met some wonderful people here,and I thankl yo for yor help and perspective. If this new site helps 1 member move 1 step closer to recovery, it will have been worth the effort for me.

Happy Holidays my dear friends!

Skippy

More About bpdfamily.com

Skip
Site Director

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 12:21:31 PM »

Comments and suggestions are welcomed.

ImOk
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 01:45:23 PM »

Skippy,

You did a great job on this reference site! I'm sure it's going to benefit many people here. Someone posted a link to a good web-site on intimacy on another thread. Maybe you could add it to this new resource

site.

www.coping.org/relations/intimacy.htm

... .Again, good work Skippy! :-)
ImOk
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 01:50:49 PM »

BTW guys... .it's very easy to add the signature to your profile... .It took me 60 seconds! :-)
ImOk
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 01:55:34 PM »

Skippy,

On the link you have to cut and paste into the signature field there is an extra [/url]

that should be removed at the end... .it still works but I noticed that it's superfluous when I added the link to my signature so I went back and took it out. :-)
Sapphire

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 05:44:21 PM »

If I figure out how to do it, I'd be more than happy to help out!

On a personal note, we'll miss you, Skippy! You have been an inspiration to alot of us, and we'll hate to see you go! :'(. But, I think most of us understand why you must... :-*

BLESSINGS, SKIPPY!

Take care of yourself!

~S~

Sapphire

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 05:57:11 PM »

Okay, I tried it: I even followed the step-by-step instructions to be sure it would work... .but it ain't! Call me computer illiterate... .d@mn WebTV!

But I'll keep on trying. I will figure it out eventually!

~S~

Skip
Site Director

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 09:15:57 AM »

Thanks for the kind words!  I really appreciate it.

There have been 2,000 visitors to the site in 2 weeks.  Problem is that once I stop posting at the end of the week , the link will be gone unless others pick it up and carry it in thier signature line.  It's a co-op project.  Others need to carry the torch for it to survive.

Have a great holiday!  I'll miss you all.

Skippy

Cindy

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2006, 01:11:01 AM »

Skippy,

I did it on the second try!  Thanks for this new site.  It looks great.  I have to say though that the first article scared the bejeebers out of me!   I am refering to the article on How a BPD relationship Evolves.  Dejavu!

It took me more than two tries to get through No Contact, but I am happy to say after a failed 6 week try, I have now made it through 72 days.  I would say that by the end of the year (next week), I will have left XBP in the dust.  I am going to miss you here, but I want to thank you for sending me the PM when I was first serious about No Contact.  It meant more to me than you can imagine.

Wishing you the very best!

Cindy
lennic

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2006, 09:30:24 AM »

The title of this thread may be a little misleading. Though Skip has undoubedly put much time and effort into the dynamic design and compilation of this site and had the priceless contributions of some of our most expereinced and prolific members,,this site is in the end for us.

In my experience of internet research into the disorder,,this site contains many of the most dramatic and pointed research and opinions available. It is a wonderfull companion to our Nook.

It is dynamic in that it reflects the ever changing nature of our understanding of BPD and will contain the most recent data available along with current resource information such as "help" numbers.

I highly recomend the use of this site in your recovery and strongly suggest the use of it's logo in your signature.

There are no egos involved in this effort. It came from the recovering heart of one man but sought the kindness and compassion of many. It is a wonderfull example of healing humanity.

Lenny
Cirque

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2006, 09:23:48 PM »

Woot!  It works.

You rock, Skip!
Sapphire

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2006, 01:40:39 PM »

YAY! I did it, I did it! I had to do it the "hard way", but I got the job done! :P

Jigsaw used to tell me I was tenacious... .like it was a bad thing... Smiling (click to insert in post) ;==

Ace tells me I'm "stubborn", but HE admires the quality... :P

I reckon it all depends upon whose perspective you're looking at... :-\

Stubborn, tenacious, whatever! My persistance paid off! Smiling (click to insert in post)

~S~

Sapphire

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2006, 01:48:26 PM »

this site is in the end for us.

I'm not sure I understand what it is that you're saying here, Lenny. Does this mean that the "Facts" link is going to be dismantled or something? ?

~S~

lennic

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2006, 01:53:04 PM »

Oh No Sappire,,I am so sorry my words did not adequately reflect my intent... .

I meant that at the end of the day,,the FACTS site is our resource,,one that can reflect our needs and contributions... .

:-X :-\

Lenny

Sapphire

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2006, 02:12:59 PM »

Oh No Sappire,,I am so sorry my words did not adequately reflect my intent... .

I meant that at the end of the day,,the FACTS site is our resource,,one that can reflect our needs and contributions... .

:-X :-\

Lenny

Thanks for clarifying that, Lenny! I was a bit confused...  :P

It makes sense now, after re-reading what you wrote...

~S~

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest