Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 08:50:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ive noticed quite a few of us are musicians, coincidence?  (Read 1593 times)
elphaba
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Divorced (thankfully) and NC with EX - single and probably staying that way for a while

No good deed goes unpunished....

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2007, 05:49:49 PM »

Gary, beautiful guitar...absolutely beautiful. 

Love that artwork on the cd as well...so many talents!

We certainly have a talented bunch of people here, really...

criticalmass06

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2007, 09:25:38 PM »

He is a really nice guy. Going fishing together in a couple weeks, and of course we have many stories to share ...he no longer goes with Cathy.

He also does about a 5 minute version of Voodoo Child that will bring tears to your eyes.

I LOVE FISHING, where are you fishing and what for -ocean, river or lake ?

Hendrix cover songs, some artist ar fantastic at that , does he paly for one of his encores ?
garyw
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2007, 09:38:23 PM »

Were going bass fishing in strip mine lake.

He has his own band now. Usually 4 piece. Him on guitar, keyboard,drums and bass. On concerts he usually takes it up to 8 people sometimes 9, adds a sax and another guitar (rythum and trade off on leads) and 3 gal backup singers.
criticalmass06

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2007, 09:42:09 PM »

bass are great fighters, have not fished them for years, sounds like a blast- have fun !

live music

I am going to see the following all this summer in outdoor amphitheater

bruce hornsby,

John Hiat, shaun colvin

buddy guy

robert cray

los lonely boys.

cant wait!

Pinnacle

Relationship status: married 34 yrs

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2007, 12:46:38 AM »

I sang in a special traveling group during HS and I play the piano.  I taught all my kids to read music the same time I taught them to read words - thought they kinda went together - so now they all play multiple instruments.

I write children's books and and I write to my kids all the time. Here is something I wrote to my kids a few year's back on Mother's Day:

May 1, 2004

On Mother’s Day, I know that I speak for mothers all over the world when I thank my daughter and my sons for the privilege of being their Mom.

From the moment of your birth, I saw the world through different eyes. As an infant, the wonder and enchantment of your tiny being changed me from a young bride to a woman. Through you I was able to rediscover a bird’s song, a kitten’s tongue and a magical bubble floating up to the ceiling. You gave me the freedom to be silly and spontaneous, the reason the have patience and priorities and the ability to appreciate the silence and serenity that accompanies a warm bottle in the middle of the night. You made me a Mother.

As a young child, your endless questions constantly tested my knowledge and wisdom. You made me realize how very little I knew. So often we had to search together to find some answers and even then you had ten more questions. Your thirst for understanding taught me humbleness and humility.  You helped me grow inside.

As a teenager, your quest for idealism was daunting. Your views and ideas brought me back to my own teenage years and made me wonder what happened to the young woman that wanted to change the world. Your dreams and ideals set my heart on fire and made me realize that I had become too settled and accepting and that one person could make a difference. You gently forced me to come alive.

As young men and women you have now come to your own place in the world.  At times, when I look at the unrest and confusion in the world around us, I get concerned. But, as soon as I hear your voice or see your face, I know all is well. Your quest for wisdom and understanding is still zealous; your idealism is unwavering and your love and compassion for humanity grows every day. Someday soon the leadership baton will pass to you and I know you will be ready to lead with passion, humility and wisdom.  Thank you for the privilege of being your Mom.

Puddin
garyw
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2007, 01:08:36 AM »

Wow puddin

That needs to be published.

I envy you bring able to write.

You use the word Books with an s on the end.

I'm trying to write one and it seems like a life task :P
Mount Si

Relationship status: DIVORCED, FINALLY AMEN

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2007, 01:20:03 AM »

I am a Martin Guitar man myself.  The best I ever owned was a Smartwood Cherry model.  Currently I own a D16 Gloss Top.  Nothing like some solid licks to melt the blues ice cube down enough so you can fit it into life.

WWMKD?

(What would Mark Knopfler do?)
Pinnacle

Relationship status: married 34 yrs

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2007, 08:26:28 PM »

Gary, The problem is most people think too much when they write.  Its kinda like music... You have to let if flow from your heart through your fingers.  If you think about it too much your brain gets jammed up.

When I lived in Boston and was home schooling the kids we would spend hours just sitting at the Boston Common.  Their job was to pick someone coming up from the Subway or someone sitting on a bench and write about what kind of life they were going home to. It had to be in first person format.  It was so much fun for all.  They are all great writers now.

Treat your writing like your music and beautiful art.  Just let it happen and make it fun. 

Puddin
criticalmass06

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2007, 10:04:47 PM »

MountSi, Martins are the best, played one once,

wwmkd.

he would call sonny landreth the guitarist for John Hiatt,

ps

going to sse them this summer. 8)
ian

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2007, 02:03:03 AM »

Wow, since we are on guitars I've got a pretty nice Les Paul Studio that I put some z-90s into (boutique p-90s, single coil) and I play it through I Top Hat King Royale amplifier which is kind of like a more agressive Vox AC30. Been having some good times with those two lately. I like a jangly Pete Townsend or The Edge kind of sound. I've also been known to rock out with Taylor steel string which is my favorite lately

I play a Roland JP-8000 synthesizer which is fun times. Sometimes I make downtempo electronic with the yamaha sequencer/sampler like Boards of Canada or Massive Attack.

I used to be a cellist, but my favorite instrument is actually drums. You play them with your whole body and they are so visceral. I wish I had some of those.
criticalmass06

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2007, 02:30:53 AM »

Ian, should of pick you for a Brit, no pun intended just joiking with you.  I saw Pete townsend play back in 1979, I belive he used Hiwatt same as daivd gilmore of pink floyd, what a nice clean fat sound,  and the inventer of the windmill I belive

your country was and still is the brithplace for some major guitar gods so to speak

Jimmy page and more. never been across the pond- someday.

the les paul studio is one fine sweet guitar, very cool

you are quite the well rounded musicain- that is wonderful. I would like to paly more, after I straighten some things out here- I think i will.

thanks

CM
ian

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2007, 06:32:51 PM »

Alas my Scottish heritage is only third generation, I am from the Pacific Northwest. There is a semi-famous brit pop lead singer with my same name (at least one).

David Gilmour...my hero. I'm all about the Floyd.
criticalmass06

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2007, 06:59:02 PM »

Gilmour is a outstanding guitarist!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest