Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 07:01:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Furious at her and at BPD  (Read 821 times)
kc sunshine

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« on: December 04, 2015, 03:40:11 PM »

The hardest part for me is when she when she would/does get mad at me for what seemed to me to be wildly unfair and unreasonable things.

Did any of you face crazy-making situations like this?

1) Say you want to see her

2) she doesn't reply, or is busy (which is fine)

3) but then when she wants to see you, or is free you have something else to do

4) full on rage from her

(and did your ex have a sixth sense of when you were busy and only call you to do things then? Mine did.)

So frustrating. And I guess trauma-bonding.

C.Stein

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 03:45:05 PM »

Yes, this didn't happen all the time, but it did happen frequently.  When my ex had something she needed to do on "our day", it was ok.  I was always fine with it to, never gave her a hard time.  Yet when the shoe was on the other foot she would get upset with me, not always, but most of the time.  Sometimes she wouldn't even get upset initially, but it would bug her and it would eventually come out.
JaneStorm

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 03:49:36 PM »

The hardest part for me is when she when she would/does get mad at me for what seemed to me to be wildly unfair and unreasonable things.

4) full on rage from her

(and did your ex have a sixth sense of when you were busy and only call you to do things then? Mine did.)

There can be no way to make sense of these things. Love and codependency keeps us hooked; some for months, others for years. At some point, you have to accept that you can't change their brain and perception and that you have to save your own mental and physical health.

"You are the love of my life
You are the love of my life
You were the love of my life
This time we know, we know
It's over..."
Thin Line - Macklemore
steve195915

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 05:37:58 PM »

4) full on rage from her

Exact same thing.  If she had something come up she would just make her own plans and wouldn't even discuss anything. We mostly only had time to see each other on weekends and I may get a call Friday saying she's busy this weekend.  I would just let it go and say ok and ask when we can see each other next.  Then when I had something to do with other people, even if was during a weeknight when we usually wouldn't see each other, all of a sudden she wanted me to come over and see her for a little bit just so I would have to cancel my plans.  It was part of her trying to keep me isolated. 

I could have no female friends or acquaintances, though they were completely just friends and weren't past relationships, I had to remove them as FB friends yet she had males as FB friends and that was ok.  Once in a while I got a text and if I did she wanted me to tell them never to text and for me to block their number yet she had guys texting her and that was ok as she told me they were just acquaintances.  Her twice recycled Ex who was still addicted to her texted her daily too. 

JohnLove

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 06:01:48 PM »

Yeah... .that's the BPD double standard. Absolutely maddening, but why accept it?
steve195915

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 06:49:54 PM »

Yeah... .that's the BPD double standard. Absolutely maddening, but why accept it?

Yeah, why do we accept it?  For me I was just madly in love with her and I wanted to keep the peace and didn't want to cause fights or distress or to cause problems so I didn't set reasonable boundaries.  Knowing she had a mental illness also justified me moving my boundaries unreasonably. 

So a combination of being addicted to the pwBPD and making allowances for her illness allowed me to accept the lying, verbal abuse, cheating, emotionally childish behavior, and to have double standards for boundaries.  I never would have accepted that in a 'normal' relationship.  I also think the pwBPD are master manipulators and know how to push your buttons and that includes the most incredible sex (at least in my case though I heard its common with a pwBPD SO).

JaneStorm

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 06:58:07 PM »

Yeah, why do we accept it?  For me I was just madly in love with her and I wanted to keep the peace and didn't want to cause fights or distress or to cause problems so I didn't set reasonable boundaries.  Knowing she had a mental illness also justified me moving my boundaries unreasonably. 

So a combination of being addicted to the pwBPD and making allowances for her illness allowed me to accept the lying, verbal abuse, cheating, emotionally childish behavior, and to have double standards for boundaries.  I never would have accepted that in a 'normal' relationship.  I also think the pwBPD are master manipulators and know how to push your buttons and that includes the most incredible sex (at least in my case though I heard its common with a pwBPD SO).

All. True.

Master lovers; that is all they have to bring to the relationship.

"You are the love of my life
You are the love of my life
You were the love of my life
This time we know, we know
It's over..."
Thin Line - Macklemore
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest