Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 08, 2024, 08:40:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Struggling with recovery..  (Read 609 times)
Anju

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2013, 03:03:00 AM »

Hi everyone...

I've just read the posts on the following board:

PERSPECTIVES: From idealization to devaluation - why we struggle

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=161524.0

I would like to ask all those who have recovered, or on the way to recovery: how did you resolve your Lonely Child issues? What would be the steps necessary to resolve this?

I have identified myself as having this condition. I have always felt lonely, as a child, and worked overtime to get my mother's stamp of approval on everything I did. It's useless. I almost always never get the validation I needed. I don't want to rely on others for their validations anymore.

I'm actually having a conflict (?) with my mother and brother right now, the issue being my staying away from them at the moment to clear my head. They perceive it as me being rebellious, and not fulfilling my duty as a family member *facepalm*.

They ridiculed me when I mentioned the need to be alone at the moment. They implied that my grief over my past relationship should have been gone by now (NC = 6.5 months), and that I should really move on with life. I am, at my own pace. But they perceive me as being weak at the moment.
Anju

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2013, 12:50:51 AM »

hi all...

i was just wondering about this new behaviour my ex was displaying recently... it's not that i am consciously seeking out stories about my ex (NC = 7.5 months)... in fact i'm currently seeing my ex in a new light, as a few of our mutual friends have told me things about him...

one of our mutual friend went to the mall recently, and saw him... they have been friends for eight years, but have not met each other since the breakup...

she saw him, and called out to him, "hey ... .  !"... to her surprise, he completely ignored her, and walked past her with his three other friends...

my boss saw him last week at the same mall... they have known each other for about the same time... and he ignored my boss too... my boss was shocked...

both my friend and boss angrily gave me the same dialogue as they told the story to me: "thank god i knew that the both of you broke up, else i don't know what i would have thought about the behaviour!"

why?

I have met his colleagues a number of times in many places... they have been nice to me so far... but why is he behaving this way towards my friends?
Anju

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2013, 08:01:59 PM »

hi everyone...

guess who decided to message me on the last hour of valentine's day?

"i love you ... .  ... you're the only valentine in my heart... you remember the green blanket you last used here? it's all i got... wherever you are take care... "

i'm changing my mobile number soon...

part of me wants to believe that he still has feelings for me... but it's impossible for him to understand what is love...

words can't describe the sadness i'm feeling right now...
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest