Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 04, 2024, 01:26:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dream about my exBPDbf - weird...  (Read 339 times)
Unique135

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: June 21, 2014, 11:11:19 PM »

Last night I had a dream about my ex. 

I was in a church with my family and his mom was sitting right in front of me.  She turns around and just stares at me, wanting to talk to me.  Then I get up and walk to my niece who is crying on the other side of the church.  I come back and his whole family is seated in the front while he is seated on the side.  As I get closer, he just stares at me and I wake up. 

When we were dating, his family loved me, especially his mother.  She would always try to communicate with my parents when she would see them around, or my other relatives.  I really like her and respect her as well.

In the last 5 years that I have known him, I have never dream about him or his family.  I am religious but don't attend church.  I spoke to him about 2 week ago, just friendly but I have not seen him since January.  I have finally decided to move on with my life and start dating again. 

What does this dream mean? I know that I am just analyzing it way too much:)  Maybe he is getting married... .

I feel like now I need to contact him.  I have been thinking about him all day today... .

In the past, I have gone NC with him and usually I would bump into him around the town by accident (he works in my town) and start the communication.

I need to be strong and not reach out to him
AwakenedOne

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 11:48:02 PM »

I am religious but don't attend church. What does this dream mean? I know that I am just analyzing it way too much:)  ... .

Hi Unique,

Do you believe all dreams mean something?

I am religious also, I feel some dreams have importance and some are just dreams.  

I had a dream one week ago that really bothered me. It was a nice dream though. My ex and I were having a beautiful time again like nothing bad had ever happened previously, it was like something from a romance novel. She threw me away as garbage 10 months ago in reality though. The morning after this dream, it affected me negatively for hours after. I had to keep telling myself it's only a dream.

That's why I asked do you believe all dreams mean something? My personal belief is if God is trying to tell me something in a dream I will fully understand the meaning of the dream. If it is a dream that I can't understand or just seems to be a fantasy dream, I file the dream into the "just a dream" category.

Peace,

AO
Unique135

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 12:06:41 AM »

I am religious but don't attend church. What does this dream mean? I know that I am just analyzing it way too much:)  ... .

Hi Unique,

Do you believe all dreams mean something?

I am religious also, I feel some dreams have importance and some are just dreams.  

I had a dream one week ago that really bothered me. It was a nice dream though. My ex and I were having a beautiful time again like nothing bad had ever happened previously, it was like something from a romance novel. She threw me away as garbage 10 months ago in reality though. The morning after this dream, it affected me negatively for hours after. I had to keep telling myself it's only a dream.

That's why I asked do you believe all dreams mean something? My personal belief is if God is trying to tell me something in a dream I will fully understand the meaning of the dream. If it is a dream that I can't understand or just seems to be a fantasy dream, I file the dream into the "just a dream" category.

Peace,

AO

Hello Awakened,

I don't believe that it has a religious connotation per se but I think dreams are psychological.  I have always felt guilty about leaving my ex even though he has hurt me greatly.  In a way, maybe this dream is telling me that I can leave and I am not a bad person for doing so. 

It was weird, since his whole family was sitting there, even his sister.  He on the other hand, was sitting on the side by himself.  I mentioned marriage because it was like they were attending a marriage and him sitting on his own may mean he was the groom.  Besides, he was wearing a suit and he only wears a suit during interviews and weddings:)  The bride was not present though:)

I guess it just triggered me to think about different things and makes it more difficult to forget about him and move on.

Last time when I decided to maintain NC, after 2 weeks, I was driving home from work and met him on the way home and he is not usually around there.  I feel like every time I start the NC process, something has to happen to remind me of him.
AwakenedOne

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 12:46:13 AM »

Last time when I decided to maintain NC, after 2 weeks, I was driving home from work and met him on the way home and he is not usually around there.  I feel like every time I start the NC process, something has to happen to remind me of him.

I know what you mean. My ex unfortunately lives only a couple miles a way from me. I could see her at any moment at the store or getting gas or whatever.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest