Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 22, 2024, 04:46:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feeling completely overwhelmed with Rage after being triggered  (Read 353 times)
gettingoverit

« on: July 30, 2014, 12:37:07 PM »

Hi All,

It has been quite some time since I have started a new topic on these boards. I have been out of my BPD relationship for over three years. I have been in a wonderful relationship with a new woman for two years. This past weekend end my current gf and I went away for a long weekend to a place I had always wanted to go. I had planned to go with my exBPDgf years ago, but somehow we never managed to make it. I knew before going that it would be a trigger for me because I know that my xpdgf and my x back stabbing friend spent a lot of time there after our break up and got engaged there and married there... .so it was kinda a double whammy for me. As I mentioned before, I knew there would be a chance I would be triggered, however I had no idea to what extent! The trip was fine and quite fun, it's been the last couple of days that I have been back that has brought up a lot of feelings for me. The weird thing is that I couldn't care less about my ex and in fact my anger is no longer geared towards her, I am finding that my rage has been geared towards my piece of ___ ex-friend. The one who went behind my back and ran off with my ex (and all the other choice things they did). I have more anger there than towards my BPDx at this point. Is this normal? I still feel that there is no justice when it comes to those two, however I have tried hard to let that go. However, when I think about that low life excuse for a human, it takes everything inside of me not to commit assault. That kinda freaks me out. I don't care anymore about my nut job ex, but that sorry excuse deserves a knuckle sandwich a few times over. Why am I still feeling like this three years on? It makes me feel like I have not moved on one iota. Are these kind of relapses normal or do I still have some more crap to work through? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I barely slept last night from all the anger I felt inside. Note to self, I will not return to that place until I have truly worked my ___ out.
seeking balance
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: divorced

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 12:54:19 PM »

I am finding that my rage has been geared towards my piece of ___ ex-friend. The one who went behind my back and ran off with my ex (and all the other choice things they did). I have more anger there than towards my BPDx at this point. Is this normal?

Triggers serve to peel another layer of the grief - anger is a very real part of that grief.  I can remember being more pissed at my friend who is with my ex too - it is a betrayal, worthy of anger and grief.  When someone we trust hurts us, anger is a very valid emotion - the fact it came up now - as much as it hurts, it is a blessing.  Process this layer of pain, it is real and you will release it just like you did your ex. 

Why am I still feeling like this three years on? It makes me feel like I have not moved on one iota. Are these kind of relapses normal or do I still have some more crap to work through? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I barely slept last night from all the anger I felt inside. Note to self, I will not return to that place until I have truly worked my ___ out.

Stuff pops up when it does - and it doesn't mean you have not worked through stuff, just that you need to work through some more of it... .I am sure that rage is over-whelming right now if you never really dove into it against him.  So, dive into it - go for a run, gym, write out what you would like to say... .get that energy out in a healthy way.

You used tools to process your hurt/anger over the ex - which ones worked in the past for you?

Faith does not grow in the house of certainty - The Shack
Blimblam

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 12:59:26 PM »

I would be hurt to and want to kick his ass.  You friend. Ugh.  So terrible.

I am sorry and I feel rage to right now. I really am tempted to break things. 
Tausk
Formerly "Schroeder's Piano"

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 04:34:29 PM »

Hey there GOI:  I understand.  My ex married the guy she was cheating on me with. Someone who I introduced her to and had no boundaries.  

And my thoughts for revenge are not so much with my ex, but with him.  At times I feel ashamed and disrespected.  I feel like I want to ruin him.  I want him to suffer.  I want revenge.  And sadly, the best revenge we can have on our ex and their cheating accomplices…is to live well.  

Because in the long run, I know that my ex-friend did me a great great favor.  In the triangulation, he thinks he was the resucer of my ex, but in reality he was the rescuer of me.  He was my Secret Service Agent who took the bullet for me  Smiling (click to insert in post)  I would have never left.  I would have lived in misery forever.   And that is the God's honest truth.  

But the truth is my ex-friend didn't take anything of value.  And the only reason it was available was because the fantasy of me and my ex was unsustainable. We were long over before the actual breakup.  My exgf and I never had a chance.  The Disorder is too powerful in her and is never going to be cured in her.  She will always be only a fcked-up three year old in emotions.

And my ex-friend might have had limited respect for me, but he has limited respect for himself. He got mirrored by my ex, and he had no chance.   His self-esteem was even lower than mine, and I saw it and knew it.  He was toast the minute my ex laid eyes on him.  She asked questions about him and I could see the Disorder at work.  It's so Fcked-UP.  

And she fled from me to him because the Disorder knew that my ex-friend was more susceptible than me, and that the poor sap would actually marry the psycho, evil, cheating, sociopathic, potential middle-of-night penis castrating female zombie axe murderer.  

Yeah, that's what you get for disrespecting on me.  You should that learn when you want to steal something, and you find that the owners are happy to give it away, maybe the shiny object was dog crap in tin foil.    Karma's a B___, Isn't It !    

And as a result, he has as a long as it takes for a divorce and recovery to figure out that all he did was waste a life trying to create a marriage where real connection impossible.  Impossible.    And if he stays married, it's not because the fantasy came true.  It's because he is so suppressed that he doesn't know what he wants in terms of love and connection.  I always knew he is better for my ex than I was.  I figure out that he was the replacement, and I knew that they would end up getting married.  

But in the end, there's no way that my exgfwBPD can do anything but despise her partner.  The Disorder always wins.    Poor Schmuck, I almost feel sorry for him.

My odds for their success:  

Stay together in abject misery and hatred  -  3:1

Divorce before one year – 5:1

Divorce  before ten years – 2:1

Murder/Suicide – 8:1

Happily Married - 1,000,000,000,000:1  

They have no chance at happiness.  No Chance.  Find any real success stories here.  I don't believe they really exist.   At best it's just quiet contempt, hatred and abuse.   You know how your ex almost killed your soul.  You know how it drained you.  What do you have to show for all the time and effort into your ex?  The same that we all have…Nothing!   And you have read about those married for the long-term.  They are physically and mentally ill from the stress.  And all regret, except for the kids, wasting a life in a loveless interaction.

As a AJ Mahari, someone with great expertise states: BPD and Happiness clash…... They just don't go together.

You need to buy your ex-friend a brand new sports car as a thank you gift, and so that he has the option of driving it of a cliff if it comes to that.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest