Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 06:35:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EXpwBPD might be in my class.  (Read 426 times)
CryWolf

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: August 03, 2018, 07:28:25 PM »

Hey all. The new semester starts Monday. Me and my ex are in the same field at school. And we both need to take similar courses. She hasn’t taken this course yet and neither have I. There is only one professor and one class and I have a high intuition my ex will be enrolled in this class because it’s one of the last classes she hasn’t taken and doesn’t have much to take left just like me.

I will know Sunday midnight if she is enrolled. I’m not sure if I should drop the course if she is. Or ride it out. She is the most petty and manipulative person and she will def try to get under my skin all semester long.

I know a girl in the class and I’m going to sit with her and act like she doesn’t exist. But not sure if I can keep it up all semester.

Thoughts?
MeandThee29

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 07:37:57 PM »

Doesn't sound like fun. I'm a professor, and I've had exes in the same class. It was awkward, but it was at a small school. Many of the people there had to take it that semester and at that time.

If you go for it, find out if there is group work and warn the professor. You don't want to be in the same group, do you?
CryWolf

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 09:01:03 PM »

here’s the funny part. My advisor knows all about her. He’s a great guy. We are pretty close. His wife is teaching the course. So I’m sure she will know. But yea I’ll tell the professor if anything.
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 07:34:46 PM »

here’s the funny part. My advisor knows all about her. He’s a great guy. We are pretty close. His wife is teaching the course. So I’m sure she will know. But yea I’ll tell the professor if anything.

I can see how that would feel akward luckily you're close to your advisor so you have that going for you.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
pearlsw

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

"Be kind whenever possible, it is always possible"

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 08:16:24 PM »

I’m not sure if I should drop the course if she is. Or ride it out. She is the most petty and manipulative person and she will def try to get under my skin all semester long.

I know a girl in the class and I’m going to sit with her and act like she doesn’t exist. But not sure if I can keep it up all semester.

Thoughts?

Hey CryWolf, 

How badly do you need the class and what kinds of stuff do you expect her to do?

Without that information, and as much as I love school, I'd take the class and go on with my life, troubles and all, but I'm pretty intense when it comes to school.

I had a falling out with a casual friend who, looking back may have been BPD, while taking an Arabic language class. She got upset over... .oh gosh... .who knows what, she was not so mature and I had to see her every day for the rest of the semester. I just sat away from her, but it did make me tense. Where did she end up? Trashing her boyfriend's (who was Persian by the way) apartment, absconding with his vehicle, and wrecking his life, etc., etc. He was a good guy! So sweet and generous and made amazing Ghormeh Sabzi! But I digress... .

I know more about your current love interests than your ex. What worries you about seeing her? Which way are you leaning?

take it easy, pearl.

Walk on a rainbow trail, walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail. - Navajo Song
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest