Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 03, 2024, 01:52:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One year anniv approaches and she's playing games...  (Read 350 times)
Arminius

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: October 12, 2014, 05:15:17 PM »

Oh, how was I not predicting this?

It's a few days to the one year anniversary and she's reaching out to close friends of mine via FB etc, with beautifully written passages expressing regret that they have chosen to excise her from their lives, and that she misses their friendships because, you know, they were her only friends , that she didn't have other friends, the inference being that I prevented her from doing so.

Despite the fact that I've made huge leaps towards healing, being (kindly) copied in to her messages by one friend, I found the all-to-familiar knot in the stomach, adrenal dump and shivers return.

We all know that anniversaries can prompt them to action. I just wish it didn't.

AG

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 08:18:05 PM »

Funny you say that My ex just broke NC with me and this month is our anniversary month or would have been I should say.
neverloveagain

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 04:10:37 AM »

It does appear they dont forget birthdays and christmas i dread the mail on those days. Theres always a card my exBPDgf never sighns them but i know from the passages written in them who its from. They still fish dont get hooked and end up high and dry again 
Arminius

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 11:02:18 AM »

There is nothing on this earth that would make me get hooked with her again. Once yiuve met this kind of personality , you steer well clear.
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 11:26:09 AM »

The knot in your stomach feeling is like you're walking on eggshells. It gets better after the first year after having gone through all the anniversaries. She's being waifish and wants people to feel sorry for her on social media.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Arminius

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 01:51:49 PM »

Mutt, I'm sure that's the case but I have total NC in media, calls, texts or emails. All I get it the info from close friends who know the facts.

I've explained BPD to them, and warned them of likely events.

Even tonight I called one to earn him and he said, 'yep, you're right, I was going to call you later and tell you she's messaged me... '

I told him what I'd guessed she'd said... .he was stunned at the accuracy.

Now that I know she is one of the 'tap on your shoulder from afar' types, I will be better prepared next time.

And there will, of course, be a next time.
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 01:57:10 PM »

Mutt, I'm sure that's the case but I have total NC in media, calls, texts or emails. All I get it the info from close friends who know the facts.

I understand. I used to get triggered when family and friends would relay personal info on her life "Hey Mutt, I just ran into ex today and the new bf etc etc"

I politely told them "I'd appreciated it if you didn't give me info or talk about ex. I hope you understand, thanks."

It's over. I don't need to know what she's up to or have discussions about her. She's no longer a part of my life.

I had to set boundaries with family / friends parallel to low contact. Anything that helped me heal and minimize the triggers helped. I hope that helps.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest