Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 15, 2024, 05:50:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Parents! Get help here!
Saying "I need help" is a huge first step. Here is what to do next.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oneirophrenia and bpd  (Read 562 times)
the1ufear
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: living together

« on: September 05, 2023, 06:33:13 AM »

Hi, Im at a loss for words and dont know what to do. My daughter was recently diagnosed with BPD. She recently started therapy and during her first therapy session she revealed she believed was sexually abused by her brother when she was 7or8. Cps took my kids from my care 3 days later but agreed to give them back if her brother got out. Since he has just turned 18, I had to make him leave with no where to go and not a friend in the world. They instructed me and my kids dad not to talk about the situation with her or to ask her questions about it. Im her mother, and if someone has hurt my child I want to know how, what, why, when, and I know my rights- so I asked her. The entire situation leading up to the abuse she believes happened 100% could not have happened. She is 13 now and even though she knows what im saying is true- that her brother NEVER got her off of a bus and walked her home where they were alone and it happened. There was only 1 point of time she rode a bus and it was in 2nd grade. Her brothers both have IEP's and transportation is included in the IEP so a small bus comes to my home instead of a street corner to pick my kids up along with this the parents must be at the door where the bus driver and visually see you before they allow your child or children off the bus. It must be only an adult. She rode that bus with both of my boys, therefor he couldnt have "got her off a bus" to walk her home. That was the only year she has ever rode a bus, and shes never had to walk to or from any school we have drove her. Another issue with her story- Ive never left any of my kids at home. I was a stay at home mom for 8 years and just went back to work late last year. If I went anywhere they all went with me or stayed home with their dad. Her and her older brother have never had a close relationship.  they are 6 years apart so I never made him play with her because of the age gap. If everything leading up to the abuse is false where does the facts start? just the abuse? I am an adult who has suffered childhood sexual abuse and want to protect my children better then I was. But how can I explain this to anyone? I believe she dreamed the abuse. I think she doesnt know it was a dream and might have Oneirophrenia. The investigation is still ongoing and they might be pressing charges on my son over something there has been 0 proof of. There are documents from the school to verify the bus, and I still remember the bus drivers name to get a statement from him verifying he followed his rules of adults getting kids off the bus because all the kids on the bus had the same rules. unlike a big bus that dropps groups of kids off at a corner. CPS refuses to believe its a dream or made up. This will absolutly ruin my sons life. He isnt ready to be out on his own. he doesnt have a job and is still in high school. He has had to stay in a homeless shelter the first few nights he was gone and had all his things stollen, his entire backpack was stollen. then the next day he thought he made a couple friends and they ended up beating him up to steal $40 he had. He would have just given it to them if they would have asked him for it. He will trust and believe in anyone. hes not a social kid. Infact none of my kids are. I have 4 kids- 18, 16, 13, 10. all of which have social anxiety. No friends, never stayed the night anywhere, Ive never even had a babysitter. Never. I didnt even use a daycare when they were younger. I dont know what to do. I dont know what to do. My daughter refuses to believe those things I mentioned above was false because she says She doesnt remember, but she knows what happened to her. She thinks Im trying to make her believe it didnt happen to get her brother out of trouble- but thats not it. The night I got them back and my son had to leave- she asked me for his bedroom 4 times. I said no- no one was moving into his room. I would rather knock down the walls then leave them up. My hearts breaking for both of my kids. 
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Sammy Jo

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 08:31:04 AM »

I am so sorry. What you are going through is horrendous, and the fact that it is affecting two children is terrible.

A suggestion - talk to Legal Aid and try to get some free legal advice for your son. Or since he has had an IEP during his school years, call the SSA and ask them if they have anywhere within their behemoth organization to turn to or refer you to. He has to be your priority right now.

We all know that BPD causes extreme exaggeration and constant lying. I do not know why CPS is taking her work literally with no rebuttal from the parent.

Please keep us updated and know that you have landed somewhere where everyone understands the agony you are going through.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest