Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 10:50:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Expert insight for adult children
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
How to spot a liar
Pamela Meyer
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Me and my mum  (Read 370 times)
la
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Married

« on: September 12, 2013, 05:09:52 AM »

Hello everyone, Im La, I'm 44 years old, married for 25yrs to my hubby and have a beautiful daughter and granddaughter, I am also a foster parent.

I have joined this site as I am trying to make sense of my childhood and part of my adult life in respect of my mother. She committed suicide 10 years ago and suffered with Personality disorder.

Myself and my sister suffered much physical and emotional abuse from our mother and eventually were removed from her care. After many years of not acknowledging my own feelings and emotional needs, I have just emotionally tipped over the edge and have sought counselling. I am struggling with my still intense fear of my mother and the many emotions and feelings i have spent so many years burying.

When I found this site I couldnt believe there were so many people who, have had similar experiences to myself, so I joined so that hopefully I can chat/message people who really understand where Im coming from and help with resolving some of those feelings.

La
Scout99

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 05:32:13 AM »

Hi!

Welcome

Nice to meet you, La! Glad you have found your way here! This is truly a great place for working out the very issues you are describing!

I am sorry to hear about you and your sisters difficult childhood. Growing up with a parent suffering from a PD is tough. Having to deal with a parent's suicide is for most people unimaginable... .But here you are not alone! And it is great to take the very approach that you are expressing here in wanting to work with yourself to gain better understanding and above all acceptance for yourself and your history and struggles.

Browse around the boards and feel welcome to engage in threads and to start posts on your own! You can also find a lot of good information on the personality disorder and it's effects on the people around the one with the PD.

To give you an example here is an article that touches on many of the things that most children of pw PD's struggle with:

How to Forgive an Abusive Parent

Hope you will make yourself at home with us here! You will meet members who are right where you are and others with different experiences. Sharing our stories and looking at them from different perspective brings healing... .And that is a great gift we all can give to each other here!

We are here to help you! So please let us know if there is anything in particular you are looking for or if you have any questions?

Best Wishes

Scout99

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest