Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 19, 2024, 11:15:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Expert insight for adult children
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
How to spot a liar
Pamela Meyer
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new to site  (Read 357 times)
b227
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: September 20, 2013, 02:42:16 PM »

I am adult child of possibly a mother with this issue, and a sister of a cystic fibrosis brother who died 30 years ago, parents divorced while I was 11 and finalized when I was 13, they are each now re-married.  It might be good to understand my mom a little bit more, but i am thinking I should probably focus more on my own stuff, just not totally sure what I'm doing, but I know that now that I am in my 50's, my mom and I haven't spoken for about a year, neither of us want to speak again, but I've got to get my act together.
winston72
Retired Staff

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 06:48:45 PM »

Hey b227!  Welcome to BPD Family.  It is wonderful that you have taken the step to look at yourself and to seek some resources and people on similar journeys.

While I came to this site as a result of a chaotic romance, I was raised by a mother who I believe had BPD.  I am in my 50's... .and still sorting out her influence on me.  That sounded pretty calm and clinical!  Yikes!  If only that was how I felt inside.  My mother passed away a few years ago, so relating to her is not an issue, but she still is a big part of my inner world.

This web site and several of the boards have been terrific for me.  There are lots of people here who would strongly identify with your message and your desires.  I hope and trust some ongoing investigation, reading, reflecting and posting will be very positive for you.

Is there anything specific that brought you to this site?  Could you expand a bit on what specifically you mean by getting your act together? 

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

b227
Fewer than 3 Posts

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 10:01:39 AM »

I am thinking that getting my act together will mean, I will have a better self image, have better relationships with others, have more confidence, not feel so depressed, and be able to let go of my mom's crap, rather than wondering what I did wrong, I can just let it be that she did wacky crap, and luckily i survived!  I would like to feel happy.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest