Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 14, 2024, 02:22:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: High Conflict Divorce/Parental Alienation in the News in Detroit  (Read 1494 times)
ForeverDad
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: separated 2005 then divorced

You can't reason with the Voice of Unreason...

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2015, 12:14:28 PM »

Notice how the courts typically dance around the "Personality Disorder" labels.  Not even mentioned in this case.  That is why (1) we often don't get a diagnosis despite the clear patterns of behavior and (2) courts so often limit themselves to dealing with the behaviors and behavior patterns.  It's easy for us to feel it's not optimal, we wish if we have a diagnosis then we could "call it like it is" and move on to therapeutic solutions.  But courts only try to deal with people as they are.  Accepting that, we do well to work with courts and their processes.

sanemom

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2015, 10:36:11 PM »

I have been watching this case, and I am glad that Warshak is involved.  I agree with Childress--it IS a child protection issue.  You can't have a syndrome when it requires two people to have it--that is one of the reasons PAS didn't make the DSM 5.  Likewise, there is no "child physical abuse syndrome" even though children who are physically abused exhibit certain behaviors.

I have a friend who is a counselor who actually had a CPS referral due to parental alienation.  It seems that the parent called in a coached report to CPS to villify one parent; once CPS realized it was a coached report and saw the alienation, now the reporting parent had CPS requiring counseling for that parent and the child who was being alienated.

My friend says this is the first time that she had ever seen that happen... .at least some are aware.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest