Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 26, 2024, 04:38:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Popular books with members
Surviving a
Borderline Parent

Emotional Blackmail
Fear, Obligation, and Guilt
When Parents Make
Children Their Partners
Healing the
Shame That Binds You

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Must they always have someone to blame?  (Read 349 times)
deux soeurs

« on: March 11, 2015, 07:32:10 AM »

I am struggling with my sister who shares my secrets in a fictionalized way on a message board that I know about.  It is hard to read the stuff as she leaves out so many details, mainly her role in why I "cut her off" etc.  She twists my words and writes that"I have no morals, etc".  Is this what they do?  There is so much more and I am no writer.  Is this what they do?  Must we always be the "abusers"?  Abuser, really?  My whole family has taken so much abuse from her.  Most of my family has nothing to do with her and she claims we are all the abusers... .Really?  There is a reason many want LC.  She has stepped over so many boundaries and done so many awful things.  She was terrible to my mom and ever since my mom died, she has transferred that venom to me?  Why?  Must they always have someone to blame?  Ahhh, thanks for letting me share...
Panda39

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex
Relationship status: SO and I have been together 9 years and have just moved in together this summer.

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 11:02:32 AM »

Hi deux soeurs,

I see this with my SO's uBPDxw too.  I think it's a coping mechinism.  They carry so much shame they start spinning out their guilt and pain onto those closest to them because they can't handle it.  My SO's ex can't take responsibility for her role in the breakdown of their marriage... .so she claims my SO is abusive... .it's all his fault... .he's a horrible person... .all projection.   When she needs to feel love she uses (mostly fictitious/somtimes real) medical conditions to bring closer the enablers that have stayed in her life... .help me... .care for me... .dr/friends listen to me... .stay with me... .(can I say she's had every possible illness/disease known to man!  ).  Feelings = Fact... .Shame and guilt... .Projection and manipulation it's pathetic really.

My SO's D14 & D18 have gone LC with their mom because of her treatment of them. For them boundaries = guilt which is a struggle but they are doing the right thing for themselves right now... .but nothing is set in stone.

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and just said, I just don't care" -Pink
littlebirdcline

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 01:44:07 PM »

My mother started a giant fight in my house and threatened to get something heavy and "bash my head in".  Her recollection is that I attacked her, and she's still waiting for me to apologize.

It would be funny, if it weren't so infuriating and so sad. 
deux soeurs

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 07:26:14 PM »

TY little bird and panda for the input.  Sometimes when I read what she writes I still am set back... .other times I can laugh it off for what it is... .projection and BPD.  I guess I should be happy I am on to her and not get surprised.  The things she says about me are just so far off from the person I am.  She doesn't know who I am as I have always had my guard up ever since I was 30 and she betrayed in a horrible way.  Thx for listening.
Skip
Site Director

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 02:37:38 PM »

I have always had my guard up ever since I was 30 and she betrayed in a horrible way.

What happened?

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest