Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 18, 2024, 09:04:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feeling like my sister died and is never coming back.  (Read 381 times)
GrievingSister
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling

« on: April 03, 2015, 10:14:39 PM »

Today my sister decided to post some ugly comments on my facebook calling me a sexist. It was under a video of my 1 year old son. It was titled "starting young already refusing help from the girls" (he wouldn't let me help him hold his corn on the cob) i deleted her comments on there because she was being really rude not only to mr but everyone else who liked the video. I texted her asking her to please stop. From there she starts cussing me out telling me I am obsessive overreacting and sexist and she doesn't know who I am and if that's who I really am then that is sad. And for me to not call her again until I am back on my Meds (I was on effexor for depression for a year and then doc weaned me off ) it seems that EVERYTIME I say something to her she throws the medication in my face. She says im sick and to get well soon. I am not to text her again until im stable ?

That I need to get off my high horse and just so many statements that are so confusing to me. I'm just flabbergasted. I am much older than she is im 36 and she's 21. So I remember taking care of her when she was little. Very sweet little girl and I loved her SO much. it actually feels like I'm grieving the death of my sister beside this person who she has become is U reconcilable to me. I want to say that she makes up lies but actually I think she really believed the lies she tells people about my mom. My mom bends over backwards for her sacrifices everything she has for her and yet my sister treats her like a dog. Verbally abusive and makes my mom look EVIL to everyone else with her made up stories or twisted disorted memories  I should say. Very convincing too. I'm rambling. am im tired. And I'm drained. And my head isn't really able to make much sense of anything let alone string together a clear paragraph im sure I'm all over the place here. Thanks for listening to my first post though.
Kwamina
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 08:35:13 AM »

Hi GrievingSister

Thanks for sharing your story here. I can relate to your feeling of grieve when it comes to your sister. Dealing with a family-member with BPD can be very difficult. Has your sister been officially diagnosed with BPD or perhaps some other disorder?

Accepting the reality that your family-member has BPD is often also very hard because it means letting go of the 'fantasy' of who you would like that person to be. Since you're her big sister it's understandable that you still think back of the days when she was that sweet little girl. Do you feel like you've been able to accept the reality that their is something wrong with your sister's behavior? How old was your sister when you started to suspect their might be something going on with her?

I am sorry that your sister posted some comments on facebook that were hurtful to you. I can imagine that her posting them under a video of your son only added to the hurt you were feeling. Has your sister ever done anything like this before? What would you say are the behaviors of your sister that you find the most difficult to deal with and/or that baffle you the most?

Oh, give me liberty! For even were paradise my prison, still I should long to leap the crystal walls.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest