Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 03, 2024, 03:13:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Soon to be x daughter n law  (Read 370 times)
Cloud 9

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Inlaw

« on: February 14, 2015, 07:39:27 AM »

I need help! My son is a disabled veteran. When he got out of the marines he was in a really bad place. He married the first girl he met. She saw him and chased him like nothing I've ever seen. They have been married for 7 years. They have 2 beautiful little girls. She has tortured him every second of the way. I tried to stay out of that and just be with the kids. She was never there because he is disab he was a stay at home dad. The marines sent her to school. She is an RN now and specialized in psych, I believe to drive him crazy. He just kinda let her do what ever to get along. They have lived in 9 different houses. The list goes on and on. She can never be content! He absolutely couldn't take any more so he left. Our lives are a night mare because of the kids. She immediately moved in with 2 men. One of them has 3 charges of child endangerment. She has covered all her bases. She told him one morning that the kids hated him and they never wanted to see him again. When he got really mad she reached in her pocket and turned a tape recorder on, he threatened her. She went straight to the police now he can't even go to school. Then she slowly started taking them from me. The last time I had the 6 year old. She said grandma my mommie don't like you any more I'm afraid I will never see you any more. I don't know what to do.
Kwamina
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 01:56:50 PM »

Hi Cloud 9

Welcome to bpdfamily  The situation you are in isn't pleasant at all. I am glad you're reaching out for support here. I think you'll find that many of our members will be able to relate to you as we too have family-members with (suspected) BPD in our lives.

Your son is a disabled veteran and you say he was in a really bad place when he got out of the marines. Are you talking about his physical health or also about his mental and emotional health?

She has tortured him every second of the way.

Could you perhaps elaborate on this? What did she do to your son when they were still together? Since you're here I assume you suspect she might have BPD. Has she as far as you know ever been diagnosed with any kind of disorder?

He absolutely couldn't take any more so he left.

Living with someone who has BPD can really take its toll on you. BPD is quite a challenging disorder and I know from personal experience how hard it can be deal to with someone who has this disorder. How long ago did your son leave her?

Our lives are a night mare because of the kids. She immediately moved in with 2 men. One of them has 3 charges of child endangerment.

This sounds very concerning indeed. Does she still live with these men now?

She has covered all her bases. She told him one morning that the kids hated him and they never wanted to see him again. When he got really mad she reached in her pocket and turned a tape recorder on, he threatened her. She went straight to the police now he can't even go to school.

I can only imagine how difficult it must be for your son to have her come between him and his kids. Do you mean that he can't go to the school of his kids?

Then she slowly started taking them from me. The last time I had the 6 year old. She said grandma my mommie don't like you any more I'm afraid I will never see you any more. I don't know what to do.

How long ago was it that you last saw your grandchildren? Do you perhaps still talk to them on the telephone?

Take care and I hope you'll be able to share some more of your story later

Oh, give me liberty! For even were paradise my prison, still I should long to leap the crystal walls.
Cloud 9

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 08:47:47 AM »

Hi Cloud 9

Welcome to bpdfamily  The situation you are in isn't pleasant at all. I am glad you're reaching out for support here. I think you'll find that many of our members will be able to relate to you as we too have family-members with (suspected) BPD in our lives.

Your son is a disabled veteran and you say he was in a really bad place when he got out of the marines. Are you talking about his physical health or also about his mental and emotional health?

Both, he has PTSD and TBI, he was wounded and missing. I received a letter from the marines saying he was dead. Physically he looks ok there is shrapnel in his optic nerve too that gives him trouble. He was blinded for a while but vision has returned. His mental state was what difference does it make. God won't forgive me for the things I had to do. He met this girl at a party right before he checked into VA program. She decided immediately he was the one. He spent about 100 plus days in that program. She picked him up and they were going to the court house to get married. I had met her once I think. Thank god the JP was not available. It took about 2 weeks and they were married. Nine months later Scarlette was born. The light of my life! We immediately formed an in breakable bond. The next year she said she was pregnant again. She said she was going to try to have a baby that loved her. That nobody in her family or anywhere had ever picked her. The only attention she ever got was whining or guilting for it. I never knew any body like that before.

She has tortured him every second of the way.

Could you perhaps elaborate on this? What did she do to your son when they were still together? Since you're here I assume you suspect she might have BPD. Has she as far as you know ever been diagnosed with any kind of disorder?

She found out some of the things he done in the military, they were horrible but it was his job. One especially involved a child. He still sees that kid every time he closes his eyes. She told him if you ever leave me I will tell the Judge and you will never see your kids.

He absolutely couldn't take any more so he left.

She is a second generation,her mother is on husband 6 now. Some times I wonder if they have a soul.

Living with someone who has BPD can really take its toll on you. BPD is quite a challenging disorder and I know from personal experience how hard it can be deal to with someone who has this disorder. How long ago did your son leave her?

The last time Aug 2014.

Our lives are a night mare because of the kids. She immediately moved in with 2 men. One of them has 3 charges of child endangerment.

This sounds very concerning indeed. Does she still live with these men now?

It's crazy we live in a very small town where every body knows every body.

The lady from DHS is friends with these people family and she warned them they better get those kids out. Now I think they are in a town 50 miles away with the other mother that has same condition. She has a new husband and I believe he is a nice man that has no ideal what he got into. Just like us!

She has covered all her bases. She told him one morning that the kids hated him and they never wanted to see him again. When he got really mad she reached in her pocket and turned a tape recorder on, he threatened her. She went straight to the police now he can't even go to school.

I can only imagine how difficult it must be for your son to have her come between him and his kids. Do you mean that he can't go to the school of his kids?

They go to catholic school. School and church are one. He can't go to church, school, ballgames nothing.

Then she slowly started taking them from me. The last time I had the 6 year old. She said grandma my mommie don't like you any more I'm afraid I will never see you any more. I don't know what to do.

How long ago was it that you last saw your grandchildren? Do you perhaps still talk to them on the telephone?

Take care and I hope you'll be able to share some more of your story later

If I called her and Picked her over my son she would think she won something and I could probably see kids. Idk what to do? He is mine, my only child. I won't turn my back on him.

Kwamina
Retired Staff

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 04:30:29 PM »

Hi again Cloud 9

Both, he has PTSD and TBI, he was wounded and missing. I received a letter from the marines saying he was dead. Physically he looks ok there is shrapnel in his optic nerve too that gives him trouble. He was blinded for a while but vision has returned. His mental state was what difference does it make. God won't forgive me for the things I had to do.

It's clear that your son has been through a lot. I am very sorry his work has left him hurt like this but I'm very happy that he survived. I can only imagine how devastating it must have been for you getting that letter saying he was dead. Is your son currently being treated for the PTSD?

Idk what to do? He is mine, my only child. I won't turn my back on him.

He's your son so I totally get where you're coming from here. I think it's great that you've got his back like this. A lot has happened, do you feel that you've been able to take enough care of your own emotional and mental well-being while all of this has been going on?

Oh, give me liberty! For even were paradise my prison, still I should long to leap the crystal walls.
Cloud 9

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 08:52:23 PM »

Hi again Cloud 9

Both, he has PTSD and TBI, he was wounded and missing. I received a letter from the marines saying he was dead. Physically he looks ok there is shrapnel in his optic nerve too that gives him trouble. He was blinded for a while but vision has returned. His mental state was what difference does it make. God won't forgive me for the things I had to do.

It's clear that your son has been through a lot. I am very sorry his work has left him hurt like this but I'm very happy that he survived. I can only imagine how devastating it must have been for you getting that letter saying he was dead. Is your son currently being treated for the PTSD?

Yes he is actively seeking treatment now. He has to after the threat. We have letters from the VA saying he is not and never has been a threat to the children and they are a very important part of his treatment. I'm wondering of his lawyer is any good. A judge hasn't even seen his letters. She called and tried to drop the charges because she figured out if he lost his benefits she and kids would lose theirs. She was never afraid of him any way. Had he wanted to hurt her she would have never known what hit her! Turns out her dad was helping her and she filed the wrong thing. There was never a charge for her just kids. She would have to admit she lied to get those charges dropped. This week was dads and donuts at school and he couldn't go. You have to volunteer at least 40 hours at school or pay an extra 400$. Me and him always done that.

Idk what to do? He is mine, my only child. I won't turn my back on him.

He's your son so I totally get where you're coming from here. I think it's great that you've got his back like this. A lot has happened, do you feel that you've been able to take enough care of your own emotional and mental well-being while all of this has been going on?

No I try to hide from him when I'm crying. He carries so much guilt anyway. He knows this is his fault. He feels terrible. It's been a month since I have seen it spoke to kids. At this point I cry every day. I know they are miserable. Before October they had never spent the night with anyone but me. Now they have stayed with men and God only know where else. I've got to stop dwelling on this but I csnt. Every time I shut my eyes I see there faces. I got some nerve pills that helping a little but I guess they wear off during the night and I wake up crying. I got s text this morning saying they saw my 6 year old at a ball game last night she was with a friend. Nobody watching her. If I don't get it together I'm gonna have a heart attack.
Kwamina
Retired Staff

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 11:52:46 AM »

Hi again Cloud 9

No I try to hide from him when I'm crying. He carries so much guilt anyway. He knows this is his fault. He feels terrible. It's been a month since I have seen it spoke to kids. At this point I cry every day. I know they are miserable. Before October they had never spent the night with anyone but me. Now they have stayed with men and God only know where else. I've got to stop dwelling on this but I csnt. Every time I shut my eyes I see there faces. I got some nerve pills that helping a little but I guess they wear off during the night and I wake up crying. I got s text this morning saying they saw my 6 year old at a ball game last night she was with a friend. Nobody watching her. If I don't get it together I'm gonna have a heart attack.

You were clearly having a hard time when you posted this. I am very sorry that your in this difficult situation. A few days have passed, how are you feeling now?

And how is your son doing? In your last post you said your son was actively seeking treatment. Has he succeeded in finding the help he needs/wants?

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest