Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 03, 2024, 10:33:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: >How can I break this cycle once and for all?  (Read 297 times)
AP2000

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken up

« on: February 06, 2024, 01:04:06 AM »

Mate where are you from sounds exactly like my situation…

Is my ex likely to recycle again?

My ex and I got together in June of 2023 she is currently 19 and I am currently 23. We spent the entirety of 2023 stuck in some toxic cycle where any argument or disagreement or if a lot of stress was between us she would choose to end things and this would last roughly 2 weeks before she would reach out and say sorry followed by false promises to never do it again, and to change etc. granted I am also to blame as I become incredibly toxic and one issue I’ve noticed with me is I’ve become incredibly codependent with my ex. Fast forward to December 2023 and she broke up again this was the 21st time since June (I know. ridiculous) it was new years morning 2am and drunk messages and no caller Ids come through from her saying new year new us and as usual more empty promises. We sat and spoke for days about everything at the start of the new year and she seemed more serious than ever before that the cycle would stop. I had doubts but I said to her you’ve got one chance this year if you do it again it’s fully done I’m not going into a new year entertaining this cycle. It’s my fault for keep taking her back but I just kept hoping she’d change clearly I’ve taught her that it’s okay to come and go as you please. Anyway. 18 days into January, we had spent a few days prior to this arguing a lot everyday and instead of bailing she stuck and spoke everything out with me as normal adults do but the stress was still there. She left again claiming the usual “it’s over I’m not coming back again” “you’re psychotic” “you’re toxic” etc the usual things she says. Tonight she collected her things from our home and moved out. I know she will reach out again and yes I want to work things through with her as I know she’s my one and only soulmate however how can I break this cycle once and for all?

The first couple of times she ever broke up she would phone up within a few days sounding very regretful almost panicking even turned up at our shared place of work at 5 am in a taxi “to talk” however there is one thing I would like to point out and that is since taking her back those times since then. The only times she’s ever reached out to try to fix things or reconcile has been when she is drunk. She’s sent a couple breadcrumbs but I am good at no contact and can stick to it but yes she only ever wants to sort stuff with me when she’s drunk. I hate it, makes me feel like PLEASE READ. But other than that she has a routine if you will with this cycle it’s exactly the same every time. We say our goodbyes take cares etc… then silence for maximum 2 weeks however she keeps location shared and reposts/shares quotes and videos on social media every single day 10-20 times a day about relationships about not getting treated right about the man changing. These posts switch within the first week are bitter almost like digs at me however going into the second week of no contact they are more about missing someone not getting over someone about love and things related to us that only we understand from within the relationship. Then she will go clubbing with friends and boom no caller ids drunk texts followed by a lot of “regret” and promises to not do this or that again to never leave again and to communicate rather than ghosting/avoiding… it’s the exact same pattern everytime I can almost predict each day at this point.

HOWEVER this time I got dismissed from my job on the 26th January 7 days after the breakup and she works at the same job. We had to see each other and I thought this was one of the reasons the cycle kept happening. Since leaving the job her posts and reposts have barely been positive just ones stating “I did care, not anymore” but other posts are saying stuff” like staying loyal to my ex”it does seem different this time but maybe that’s because I don’t have the routine of working at the same company anymore however she did say due to me not working there it will be easier to get over each other of course this isn’t what I want. She doesn’t seem bothered this time at all…… she says all these things yet still shares her locations and breadcrumbed me twice yesterday liking videos I shared on social media relating to a show we both enjoy watching together, she also has watched every single story of mine within an hour of posting since the breakup…

What is happening is another cycle on the horizon?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 07:21:06 AM by once removed, Reason: split from https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=357115.0 » Logged
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

kells76
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 12:54:43 PM »

Hey AP2000,

Is my ex likely to recycle again?

It's a question so many members here share. We'd like to know -- to have some certainty amidst the unpredictability of BPD relationships.

The answer might be "it depends". It certainly looks like the two of you had "a dance" you did, with predictable moves. Double digit relationship recycling could point to yes, she may attempt to reconnect. After all, it worked in the past... a lot.

That being said, each pwBPD is different. My H's kids' mom never (to my knowledge) attempted to reconnect with him, "paint him white", etc.

The nice thing about this situation, where you don't know what she'll do, is that you have 100% control over what you'll do.

You can game plan either scenario.

What do you want to do if she tries to reconnect?

What do you want to do if she doesn't?

A huge part of healthily processing a relationship with a pwBPD is turning the spotlight away from them and on to ourselves. You're calling her your ex -- if you're over her and done with the relationship, you have an opportunity to focus on yourself, what you want, and who you want to be. That can often get lost in the hyperfocus on the BPD partner in a BPD relationship.

So -- big question -- do you want to be done? Because if you do, it won't matter what she does or doesn't do.

P.S. I'm so sorry you're coping with job loss on top of everything. I know that doesn't make it easier.
Skip
Site Director

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 08:20:10 AM »

What do you fight about? It's usually a reoccurring theme.

That might be the place to start.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest