Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 10:49:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avoiding Personal questions from BPD MOM and BPD MIL  (Read 1091 times)
Star0009

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2018, 06:07:16 PM »

Thanks! I hope he will be ok. The biggest risk is a relapse with addiction. He was a very heavy alcoholic who could not stop drinking until he was passed out for weeks on end and would go on benders and due to back surgery he was put on pain meds and a doctor kept prescribing them so he was addicted to pain medication to the point he just screamed and didn't get out of bed literally for a year. He would snort them too. His mom has encouraged all of these addictions and has provided him these substances at times to keep him under her roof. I think he will be ok though. He knows the dangers and does not want to be here. I know if he cancels his plane ticket he has relapsed in some way in which case I plan on contacting his father to help get him help and out of the situation. She will not become physically abusive like my mom . with him but tell him details of her sex life and her body, guilt trips, stories about how bad his father, tell him he should leave me which she is currently doing. The past 4 years here every time I'm alone with her she tells me he is just like his father and I should leave him. So yeah we have both had enough. I don't know a firm nice way to say please take care but don't contact me. I'm scared of her and don't know what she is capable of. I just want to get her out of my life as smoothly as possible. I guess thats why I'm asking here bc I know others have gone nc with the pbd person in their life and i'm curious with what they said. With my own Mom in the past I have just cut her off when her behavior got bad and she got the idea I was not talking to her.   
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2018, 07:01:33 PM »

Staff only

This thread has reached its post limit and has been locked. Thanks to all who participated, and please feel free to continue the discussion in another thread.

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest