Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 03, 2024, 10:37:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: He Communicated Well  (Read 361 times)
Tattered Heart
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« on: April 07, 2017, 08:39:57 AM »

IT's so easy to focus on the negative things our pwBPD do that I like to brag a little when he does things well.

This past month has been absolutely crazy for our schedules and stress. We are both exhausted from constant activity outside of the house. I was down for almost 2 weeks from a dental procedure, my H had to take a last minute emergency trip 12 hours away, H's grandpa died, we had to put our 11 year dog to sleep, we have a newer puppy that is misbehaving, we are working on getting our farm up and running for the SPring (plus the stress of losing 3/4 of our flock to predators), his work schedule has been out of the ordinary, and other small commitments. My H is a man of routine. If his routine is thrown off, he gets very irritated.

This week I've noticed that he was tense. He has been kind of snappy and accusatory of things, but nothing major.  I've been worried about an impending blow up.

Last night though, he communicated. He said he felt like we have not had enough time together. I told him I agree and let him know that I"ve missed him. We took a walk around the yard and when we were done I asked him to sit with me on the porch a bit. It's such a big deal for him to communicate what he was feeling. Usually he just blows up and accuses me of not loving him. I hope by me hearing him, validating, and then showing him that it's important that we were just near each other that he saw how communicating can help.

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life Proverbs 13:12

RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

wendydarling
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Mother

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 03:52:30 PM »

Hi there Tattered Heart

Oh my that's a lot you've both been dealing with and you've done amazingly! It's no wonder you are taking a deep breath, have missed each other, walking and sitting on the step sounds like a fine thing to do make loving space for each other to say what's needed.  Well done to your H, you are right all breakthroughs are worth celebrating.

Bragging is great in my book

WDx

Be kind, always and all ways ~ my BPD daughter
heartandwhole
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 04:03:15 PM »

Tattered Heart,

This is wonderful to read. I agree with wendydarling: please do share when things go well. It helps us all remember that there is hope for things to improve.

And how incredible that in the midst of so much going on, you and your H had this tender time together and good communication. Really good news, and thank you for sharing.

I'm sorry to hear of your losses and hope you both will find more time to spend together. It's good to lean on each other during stressful times like these.   

heartandwhole

When the pain of love increases your joy, roses and lilies fill the garden of your soul.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest