Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 14, 2024, 02:03:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: He's laying it on thick. I hate this feeling.  (Read 378 times)
wishfulthinking

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« on: July 07, 2014, 10:11:43 PM »

Title says it. BPD/NPDh is laying it on thick trying to get in my good graces. I'm not responding at all. I know he's in violation of the RO but he's not threatening so I'm just going NC. He loves me so much but guilt trip guilt trip I was wrong and you were too guilt trip guilt trip. Mostly passive aggressive, of course. I'm not responding. I answered my phone earlier not knowing it was him -different number. He pleaded. I said to him, remember when you were growing up and you saw your mom's husband grab her by the hair and slam her down? He said yes. I said did she deserve that? Go tell your mom she deserved it. And I hung up. I hate this feeling. I miss his touch and his love but I hate his rage. I hate this.
LettingGo14

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 10:48:13 PM »

I hate this feeling. I miss his touch and his love but I hate his rage. I hate this.

I'm so sorry wishfulthinking.  I went back and read some of your recent posts, and you have been through so much.   You certainly obtained the RO for good reason, and you have one goal now:  to take care of yourself.

One of the things I did in the darkest days is start to write gratitude lists, for the small things I could enjoy, even if as mundane as a summer breeze.  It seems trite, but it gave some relief.

What are 2 to 3 things you might put on a gratitude list?  It sometimes helps us turn our focus back to self-care and away from the pain (and abuse).
wishfulthinking

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 10:58:16 PM »

LettingGo14,

Gratitude list... .good idea. Daily I try to be grateful for things. Today was my child is healthy and safe. The weather was warm and sunny. My house payment didn't bounce. I found a xerox copy of my license I lost this weekend so I could go to the bank. My old cat is still alive. I had tortillas left. Dt dr pepper. Caramellos. Good gas mileage. Bacon. The list really goes on and on Smiling (click to insert in post)

Thank you Smiling (click to insert in post) I'm so stressed out. I feel a headache coming on and my breathing is tight due to stress, but it'll be ok.
LettingGo14

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 11:04:53 PM »

I'm so stressed out. I feel a headache coming on and my breathing is tight due to stress, but it'll be ok.

I loved your gratitude list, wishfulthinking.  I have been game for trying any TACTICS to reframe and retrain my mind.

Have you tried pranayama breathing for stress reduction?   There's a great iphone app called pranayama, or youtube videos.  You could also google the 4-7-8 breathing technique. 

Or, here's a good link to 6 breathing exercises.   Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)   www.greatist.com/happiness/breathing-exercises-relax
wishfulthinking

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 11:20:31 PM »

I will do that. I have a heart issue and when my blood pressure goes up (high stress) it makes my symptoms worse (breathing, headache, etc.) Most of the time it's a non-issue. I'll try any tactic at this point. Thanks again, I appreciate the chance you gave me to have some playful humor and smile. I rarely get that anymore.
LettingGo14

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 11:28:30 PM »

Thanks again, I appreciate the chance you gave me to have some playful humor and smile.

That made me smile! 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest