Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 07:16:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another day, another Doctor's visit, another change in his meds  (Read 363 times)
Foreverhopefull

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: June 11, 2013, 07:41:36 AM »

Lately it's been hard, he's depressed, anxious, not sleeping, complaining of major backaches and drinking on a regular base (between 6 to 10 during the day).

Thing is, he shouldn't be drinking since he has cirrhosis already and he has cancer cells in his stomach and he should be doing everything he can to keep his stomach calm. Meaning no pain killers like tylenol and ibuprofen, no drinking and eating 3 meals a day (your stomach is calmer when it's working on food instead of dealing with it's own acid)... . for his back pain he's been through a ton of tylenol with codeine and robaxacet (which has tons of ibuprofen), he's drinking and barely eating one meal a day.

So in other words, he's been aggravating all of his ailments instead of keeping them calm, so his body is screaming at him to stop... . so much so we had to go to the ER. Lucky for us, his psychiatrist was at the hospital, so he played with his meds for BPD and so was our GP, so she took care of his back and stomach. We stayed at the ER for over 16 hrs, his psychiatrist wanted to see him before he left but only after both doctors talked together.

Thing is they are as stuck as I am... . is he doing this (drinking and everything else) as a suicide attempt (knowing he would suffer dearly from his cirrhosis and his stomach cancer cells)? or is he just dealing with an imbalance of his medication? They both agreed to put aside the "suicide" theory and reevaluate in August.

So for the next few weeks, he is going to be watched like a hawk.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

united for now
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: separated

Talking about solutions create solutions

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 02:20:54 AM »

Doing the right thing (click to insert in post) That they were there to make some adjustments

Change your perceptions and you change your life.  Nothing changes without changes
Foreverhopefull

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 09:47:38 AM »

We are lucky he has a great surrounding of professionals taking care of him... . I say WE because damit, his health affects us both.

When I feel I can't do anything more to help, I know he has a great group of professionals that can take over from me, guide me and most of all, help him.

Other than his back pain being still very prominent, he is following doctors directives to a T and doing better. He even stopped drinking again.

Now I can get back to caring for me so I can be strong when he needs me.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest