Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 15, 2024, 05:07:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reality Check  (Read 440 times)
Crazytoo

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: January 27, 2016, 05:30:21 AM »

Hi there!

It happens that we, as somebody who loves a person dealing with BPD or similar issues, endure seemingly paradox or hopeless situations, right?

Situations that almost any outside observer, no matter if they know all the details or not, would advise us to end? Situations that are very challenging emotionally for us, but we simply cannot give up yet, since we're not dead inside yet and somehow still see this spark of hope? A spark that is kindled by things that were said and done, by signals and signs?

I won't go too much into detail, but as a few times before, I'm following my gut feeling and hope that things might work out again, waiting for her to return (maybe even only emotionally, as a friend), in a situation that seems totally ridiculous from the outside.

PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

LonelyChild

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 09:27:34 AM »

Hi there!

It happens that we, as somebody who loves a person dealing with BPD or similar issues, endure seemingly paradox or hopeless situations, right?

Situations that almost any outside observer, no matter if they know all the details or not, would advise us to end? Situations that are very challenging emotionally for us, but we simply cannot give up yet, since we're not dead inside yet and somehow still see this spark of hope? A spark that is kindled by things that were said and done, by signals and signs?

I won't go too much into detail, but as a few times before, I'm following my gut feeling and hope that things might work out again, waiting for her to return (maybe even only emotionally, as a friend), in a situation that seems totally ridiculous from the outside.

I'm not sure what kind of reply you want since your questions are posed in a rhetorical manner. This is the staying-board though. So; good luck. I hope she'll come back and things will be better. You might want to set some kind of definite limit as to what you are willing to take before you end it (in case she's not treating you any better) for your own sake.
Crazytoo

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 11:48:33 AM »

I wasn't sure what I was expecting, LonelyChild, but your support is very welcome.

I think i must be really crazy, as quickly as my own mood is swinging. From being devastated earlier, it seems I managed to get myself into a much better place.

Over the last hours I took some inventory of what happened and the abuse I endured.

I am now at a point where I can say "I don't deserve any of this." Which hopefully gives me strength to grow and power over the nostalgia, the ability to be a little more indifferent about her and her ways when I can't be there for her. If she doesn't return, that's her choice and I will hopefully be able to move forward, away from treatment nobody deserves. If she returns when I have gotten better, it can only work if she gets better, too and if we both work on ourselves.

Now I realise, that I've been in this position before, but the pain of the last recycle cycle completely made me lose my self-worth again.
Lucky Jim

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 04:14:21 PM »

Hey Crazytoo, It seems like you are hoping for another recycle.  Are you?  If so, you are in good company as most of us (including me) have done it.  The only question I have for you is: what makes you think it will work out differently next time?  Only you know the right path for you.

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Crazytoo

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 06:18:23 PM »

Thanks, Jim.

This time around there had been so much promising development on our communication level, a trust level, which I would have never even hoped for or could have imagined to happen. Really so much opening up, truth, empathy and trust that it was almost scary. That never seen before high had to be followed up by its negation and I'm thinking it could pick up from what we had built up.
valet
Retired Staff

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 09:35:16 PM »

Hey Crazytoo, I've been there before too.

I think moving on is kind of a paradox too. It happens just like our desire to reconcile does. We only move on when we move on. That is a bit tautological, but your hopefully questions will have answers one day.

I think it's a smart thing to follow your gut, as long as you are not overtly destroying yourself physically or emotionally. No one is perfect, and no one can know the future. Staying as positive as we can is the best thing we can do for ourselves.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest