Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 01, 2024, 07:05:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, there goes NC  (Read 370 times)
iristile

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: August 27, 2013, 10:24:38 AM »

I don't know how many of you have read my background story in the New Members section, but the gist is that I got out of a 3.5 year relationship with my exUBPDbf in April, but since then, he has attempted recycling multiple times. Although I agreed to see him, I have kept him at arms length, only hanging out once or twice a month and LC otherwise.

I last saw him August 5th and we did not part on good terms. We were sleeping together and I found out that he had been sleeping with other girls without using protection. I stood up for my boundaries and I told him that I did not want anything to do with him as long as he was sleeping with others and putting my health at risk. I then told him I was going to the doctor to get tested and recommended that he do the same.

Up to this point, our interactions had been great and I thought there might even be potential for working things out, albeit very slowly and carefully. However, by enforcing my boundaries, I must have stepped on his toes because August 10th rolls around and he send me about 15 texts claiming that I am playing mind games with him and that he never loved me and I was never anything to him but "a decent lay" plus a myriad of other hurtful comments that left me shocked and deeply hurt. He proceeded to say that from then onward he was going to tell me the test results, give me back some of my things he still has and pay me back some money, but otherwise he never wanted to see or speak to me again.

I decided then and there that I was through and complied with his wishes and so began NC. Then Aug 16, I get a text around noon informing me that he's gone to the doctor and gotten his STD test results and he's clean. I did not reply, maintained NC. I had dental surgery that day, so I was pretty distracted anyway. I'm heading home from surgery and I get another text: "Is there anything you would like to add?" I reply that I just had surgery and he says, "oh, feel better soon  " 

Now, my theory is that he wanted me to apologize for "making him worry unnecessarily" that he might have an STD. But ofcourse I didn't. The worst thing that could have happened is that he had one and instead he found out he was clean. No harm done. But he always wants to have the last word and prove that he's right 

Aug 18th, I get a text: "Hey, feeling any better?" to which I reply "Not really." and he says, "Ok, feel better soon. It took me 2 weeks to recover... . I just wanted to make sure you got me message (about the STD results)"

Aug 20th, another text: "Hey, hope you're more coherent today. I just want you to know I got my results back, I'm clean." To which I say: "You already told me." and he goes, " Ok, feel better!"

Now this pissed me off. I know his game, trying to reel me back in, acting caring. I told him off. I said, "don't bother. Read the horrible things you wrote to me on the 10th. That is my understanding of you at this point. Stop pretending to care when you stated very clearly in those text that you don't and never did. Also, you made it clear that you don't want to speak to me or see me again."   

He says: "I wasn't going to come chasing after you anyways (  yeah because texting me over and over when I'm showing no desire to talk to you isn't "chasing" Laugh out loud (click to insert in post))and I did care, but you changed."

I stop the conversation at that.

Then last night, here he is AGAIN: "Hey, can I bug you for a second. I want to talk to you about our fight the other day."

What fight? There was no fight, I told him to leave me alone and that I got his message. End of story, but noo. He's not done. He proceeds to send another series of texts, devaluing me and tearing me to shreds while telling me how fabulous his life has been and blaming me for all the problems in our relationship. He then says he was hoping to keep me in his life before, but now he sees that there is "No good left in you anymore, so goodbye." (Painting black!)

"P.S. Don't go kill yourself because I called you out on all your BS at once."

I didn't reply for about an hour. I was fuming. I called my friend and she calmed me down. After, I replied to him asking when I could get my stuff back and he says it's going to be awhile, he doesn't have the money etc. Keeping strings attached.

Today, I sent him a long message basically saying that I was sick of him contacting me to spew hate and that I wanted to move3w

iristile

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 10:28:35 AM »

(continued) ... . on with my life and didn't want anymore bad blood or negativity between us. I apologized for whatever he claimed I did wrong and asked him to leave it in the past and move forward.

No response yet, but I am at the end of my rope. I just want peace. Do you think he'll leave me be or do I have more recycling attempts and hook n' reels to look forward to in the future?

Thanks for reading! 
bpdspell

Relationship status: Married.

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 04:21:31 PM »

Iristile,

No Contact is for you to begin to clear the cobwebs out when it comes to the toxic dance of being involved with a borderline.

I think it would help you a great deal if you made the choice to not respond to his texts at all if you're serious about discontinuing the relationship.

More than likely he will continue to contact you especially if he doesn't have new supply. These breakups can get pretty ugly because a borderline's worst nightmare is abandonment whether imagined or perceived.  

Some borderlines have "extinction bursts" which are frantic desperate attempts to get back control of the relationship. Extinction bursts are emotional polarities of loving you, needing you and not being able to live without you to I hate you and berating you within every inch of your life.  It's lots of push and pull used to manipulate our emotions. Extinction Bursts often pull at our heart string and are very effective in getting a response from us because the roller coaster attack can thwart us from our decision to no longer have them in our lives.

There are things you can do. You can change your number or block his number. If you really need your stuff back can you have him give it to a relative or have a friend pick it up from him?

My question to you is do you definitively want to end this?

Spell
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest