Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 04:04:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Went into work first time since brain surgery. Ex freaked out and had to go home  (Read 336 times)
CitizenBell

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: December 05, 2016, 07:56:56 PM »

I had brain surgery in October. I was diagnosed with an arteriovenous malformation in January of this year after suffering a bleed the previous November while travelling with my ex.

She accused me of harassment in July when I had a second bleed. A lot of the emotionality I had came because she broke up with me 10 days after I got the diagnosis (I hadn't told her at the time). When I did tell her that I'd had a bleed and partial seizures out there, that I'd hid it from her for her own sake because of the amount she was crying out there, that was when she accused me of harassment and said I was blaming her, lurking in stairwells, emotionally guilt-tripping her.

I have a cane and an eyepatch at the moment, and a head-covering on because I'm having issues with my hair re-growth. Everybody in the office was super-nice and supportive, got a lot of hugs. My team is next to my exes at the moment. I wasn't even talking to her or looking at her. A couple of people on her team I know saw me and came over to ask how I was. She must have seen me, and the person I was talking to said "It looks like she's getting stressed" and she ended up going home.

She didn't believe me when I told her about the AVM, I know that because the harassment claims said "alleged terminal illness" which isn't how I described it to her at all I said it can be fatal when it bleeds and it can bleed any time.

So either she felt some kind of guilt at seeing me the way I was or she was making it about her AGAIN and still making me out to be somebody that she's scared of and making me the bad guy when nobody else in the office remotely thinks I'm like that at all.

You'd think having a brain bleed while looking after someone who is crying on the trip you planned for a whole year and she ruined would give you some kind of affection but apparently not.

Good news is - I requested me and her be put on separate floors, my new senior manager said it was ridiculous that I had a plan put in place to avoid areas and that anything about the claims in July was considered closed.
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 09:58:30 PM »

Hi CitizenBell,

Welcome

That's good news that you're able to get back to work. I'm sorry to hear that she didn't come over and say something affectionate. That has to hurt. It must of been hard taking care of her when you're going through health issues.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
CitizenBell

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 10:09:30 PM »

I didn't expect her to say anything to me. I just think going home was a bit over-dramatic but everything with her was over-dramatic. I didn't even look at the girl. But I also never waited in stairwells so I'm sure she'll have interpreted something I've done as offensive to her. My colleagues are all great though. Maybe she just needed the attention back on herself.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest