Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 01, 2024, 07:32:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to respond  (Read 355 times)
Aussie JJ

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: apart 18 months, 12 months push pull 6 months seperated properly, 4 months k own about BPD

« on: July 31, 2014, 11:04:21 PM »

Ok all,

Long story short, I can see the bait and want to rip into her however know that isnt constructive.  My Q is, do I reply with something like I have drafted below or is no reply better ?

Dear AUSSIEJJ

On Tuesday August 5 I will have a late class. MYCRAZYFKNSISTERWHOYOUHATE will be at home (her address) for 4:30 drop off and I will be home shortly thereafter.

Have a good weekend

uBPDEXGF

My response is below... .

UBPDexgf,

I am concerned that there is a change in plans being dictated without consulting me.  There has been resistance when I have wished to make changes previously, mediation being highlighted as the appropriate venue for discussing these changes.  I have fought to return to mediation with appropriate supports to reduce conflict. 

I am deeply saddened and extremely disappointed that there hasn't been the offer for me, SONS father to care for SON in these circumstances. 

Regards,

AUSSIEJJ. 

Her sister is dangerous,  I want to give the opportunity for her to change her opinion without going troppo.  Combination of BIFF and SET sort of however I don't know if its the correct approach. 

All views appreciated. 
SeekerofTruth

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 06:33:10 AM »

Aussie,

I am sorry, but I laughed at your response.  It reminded me of myself... .wordy, righteous, accusatory, firm, intellectualized, obviously right, and very well intentioned, understanding and firm.  yawn.  I just know I did not have the skills to successfully communicate or initiate and sustain reasonable conversation.  I think some of these other members, with more distance and recovery under their belt, might offer more of a short, sweet, succinct mantra with less emotionality between the words.   
Aussie JJ

Relationship status: apart 18 months, 12 months push pull 6 months seperated properly, 4 months k own about BPD

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 08:11:16 AM »

I ended up deleting everything from the start and going with I am disapoined.  I deleted saddened. 

I cant fight the beast. 
ForeverDad
Retired Staff

Relationship status: separated 2005 then divorced

You can't reason with the Voice of Unreason...

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 09:14:14 AM »

Most, if not all of us, found we couldn't reason when the other wasn't listening.  It's a typical acting-out PD behavior.  However, we did it anyway so that we would have documentation for the evaluators or court to show (1) we tried to find solutions and (2) the other wasn't cooperating and instead was obstructing.  Build your case showing you're seeking the solutions, making it evident who is the problem.

So... .write well (so no professional would find any fault with it at all, so no anger, extreme talk, threats, etc) TO her but FOR any professionals who may scrutinize the incident or issue later.  And if any evaluators or similar professionals are already involved in the case, CC them as well.

Aussie JJ

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 09:24:11 AM »

Thanks guys. 
david

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 04:49:16 PM »

If you have concerns about the sister simply reply , " What time will you be home so I can drop the kids off ?"

If BPDex is playing a game that reply would pretty much establish a boundary for you and the safety of the kids without getting into the specifics. If I did this to my ex she would either give me the time or send a nasty email accusing me of all kinds of things. If I get the second kind of reply I simply repeat myself and ignore the rest.

livednlearned
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 11:49:02 AM »

I would just write,

Ex,

Since I am available at the times when you are unable to care for S, I will drop him off when you are back from class. Please give me sufficient time to know when you will be back so I can coincide with your return.

AussieJJ.

Breathe.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest