Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 11:37:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have been devalued by my ex fiancé and need help  (Read 376 times)
Laniebear1
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken Up

« on: April 18, 2024, 06:41:04 AM »

let me start out by saying  I just want him back, but I’m stuck.

I met this guy on Tinder in the winter of 2023, and we really hit it off. I didn’t think we’d be anything more than”fwb” considering my previous track record with men on Tinder, however he took me to New Orleans on our second date, showed me a wonderful time and took care of me when I had a little too much to drink.

That was maybe a week after we had met each other 

after knowing him for a week, he asked me out and told me he really loved and cared for me at the time and I gladly accepted however, as soon as I packed my bags to head back to my home town in LA, I received a text stating he didn’t see things going anywhere and he rather just break things off. I was so hurt and confused ! The anger I felt was like no other, and I angrily drove the 5 hours back home to cry in my bed.

this vicious cycle of stability and then unsuitability from him continued, he would break up with me and blame it on his BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder), and tell me he really loved me and just had an episode.

after a few months of back and forth, he finally had a streak of improvement, where I didn’t worry about him breaking up with me (this was summer of 2023). He decided that he wanted to get married and purposed to me on vacation. I was thrilled! I picked out my own ring(THAT I CO-SIGNED FOR) and thought I would live happily ever after.

but soon, as in this current month, we started to plan a date, get serious about our next  steps in life, we went to one counseling session together to work on some small issues and I thought my life was just beginning. However a couple days ago, he broke up with me via text so I drove to meet him on base and confront him, I LOVE HIM how could he do this? Then today, I received a text that he had been “talking “ with another girl’s friend. I’m heartbroken and I don’t know if he will “Yo-Yo” back into my life, or if he is done. He blocked me on selective apps. Since I wrote this post ( several days ago), he has demanded my engagement ring back(it’s in my name he just used his card to pay) and has since unblocked me and said horrid things about my character. I love him and want him back because he was my best friend. (Please don’t judge I'm confused and lost)
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2024, 06:59:42 AM »

hi Laniebear1, and Welcome

wow, what a whirlwind. im sorry youre going through this.

loving someone with BPD can be especially challenging. its important to know that the instability youve been experiencing can be a hallmark; something that may not change. whatever happens, its vital to go into it with eyes wide open. it will also help to learn the tools here, not just in dealing with him now, but in the rest of your life.

so, you mentioned that most recently, he unblocked you, and has been slagging you. can you tell us a bit more about whats going on? what is he saying? how are you responding?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest