Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 19, 2024, 02:23:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New to site…  (Read 86 times)
Bdx4365
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« on: May 07, 2024, 11:01:47 PM »

Hi

I’m new to this site and I’m not even sure I should be on it. If my wife found out, she’d be furious. I looked at previous BPD sites and she found out. It wasn’t a discussion, just a tirade of emotion as to why she didn’t have a mental illness and what was wrong with me to think she did.

Sadly, no reflection or discussion as to why I might think it. And that is really where I feel I’m struggling. There appears to be no issue or topic that doesn’t somehow trigger her reactions. The best way I’ve heard it described is like an emotional burns victim. The best way I describe it is a bit like Goldilocks: if I say things one way, she gets annoyed. If I say it another… she gets annoyed.

It’s really hard, particularly as she’s the most incredible person. Fun, funny, engaging, charming. She’s wonderful with other people on the outside. Unfortunately I see a lot of the internal struggles and battles. And while I accept I’m not all she wants (she will regularly tell me my failings), I’m trying. I admit that I’m starting to switch off and shut down. I know it’s out of self protection. She would say I’m being a ‘victim’ and I need to man up. But it’s hard if I hear a regularly constant stream of criticism and frustration with me.

She doesn’t hold back. It’s like a constant stream. Anything that she touches, sees, feels is expressed.

I have no formal diagnosis of bpd. I’ve just read a lot and soo many of the symptoms she has (though she’s clearly highly functional).

Unfortunately, she’s refused for the last few years to see a marriage counsellor or anyone to help facilitate and improve our relationship. Which is really why I’m reaching out. I really don’t know what to do. Weve been married 15 years, have wonderful kids, she’s an amazing mother. When we’re good, it’s great. When it’s bad… ouch.

Any thoughts or comments would be very helpful.

RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest