Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 19, 2024, 02:32:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: She’s with someone new.  (Read 1282 times)
CryWolf

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: May 12, 2018, 01:22:56 AM »

It finally happened. After improving mysef and making myself a better person and learning these tools. She’s with someone new.

I was at a music festival with my friends, and I opened up Instagram. The first pic I see is a picture of my ex. And my classmate/her classmate posted it and he wrote “my fave girl”

I lost it.
I unfollowed him, deleted the app. And did my best to enjoy myself. She looked so happy. She never ever let me post her on social media. She was always insecure or get mad. But yet, she let him post? For 3 years she was so insecure. Idk if she knows I follow him and knew I was gonna see it? I’m torn and shattered.

All my insecurities came back, I felt so great and confident and then this.

The other night my ex friend asked if I was her ex when I met up my friend and others for karaoke. And he even knew what car I drove and gave me a fist bump . When I saw her pic today and the comment, it was the same guy and he commented their pic saying “oh I see you” with a smirk emoji. The other thing is m, my female friend told everyone at the karaoke event I went on a date with someone and then I’m pretty sure this friend found out and idk if he said anything or what. But idk. I hate how my ex is involved in everything. This is so ___ing childish. She ghosted me after 3 years and couldn’t even have a discussion. The last time we spent time together was my birthday. I hate her so much. I’m sorry for all cursing.

This pissed me off.
I’m so mad, torn, devastated right now. I did so much for this girl, for 3 ___ing years. I gave her everything, I was patient, I listened to everything. I cried myself so many times for her. Yet here we are. She ___ing accused me of stealing from her, lying to her, cheating on her, even a bull___ accusation of rape when she lost a small argument. I still ___ing stood by her. After our car accident, I was even willing to take the blame because she didn’t have car insurance but her car was insured. I thought she was different. But nope. She’s afraid of being lonely and this guy is a huge loner/nerd. I don’t mean to be rude but he is really ugly. She was always insecure about how I am outgoing have a lot of friends and even female friends.

She will probably do the same to this guy. After 6-8 months. I hate her so ___ing much.
heartandwhole
Retired Staff

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 01:40:16 AM »

CryWolf,

I'm so sorry that his happened. It hurts like hell to see our former partners seemingly move on so quickly. I've been there, too.

You have every right to feel angry, hurt, resentful. Let yourself feel. If you can, try not to weave a huge story to prop up your feelings. It know it's hard, but stay in your body if you can.

Question: just because the guy posted "my fave girl" doesn't mean they are seriously together, though? Could there be a different explanation than what you are thinking?

I've observed that many people (not just pwBPD) get into relationships rather quickly after breakups. There are lots of reasons for that, and none of them has anything to do with you. It's about her and what she needs in order to feel better.

I know that doesn't help make the pain go away. Keep posting, and I hope you'll do something really enjoyable and nurturing for yourself this weekend.

heartandwhole

When the pain of love increases your joy, roses and lilies fill the garden of your soul.
FaithfulInLove

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 08:54:35 AM »

I'm so sorry to hear that this happened to you and understand the great pain you're in...
It's the worst to see oneself replaced after making such a great effort of improving and being a better person for one's loved one. l remember how l found out my ex was seeing someone new - l got so emotional that l fainted... .there's barely anything that could be more hurtful.

It'll take a while, CryWolf, until that horrible pain and anger will get less. Remembering that this guy will also get to see her bad sides really soon might help you. It's something that helps me a lot in this situation.

Take care, we're here for you
gilac

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 09:17:03 AM »

sorry to hear that... I'm in this phase where I'm just waiting the same to happen to me, I feel better and better each day, but I think the worse is yet to come...

well, they both will be in pain as soon as she starts to destroy everything, I somehow feel sorry for all the future bf's who'll end up with someone like that, they just don't know what they are into
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 02:44:27 PM »

Question: just because the guy posted "my fave girl" doesn't mean they are seriously together, though? Could there be a different explanation than what you are thinking?

did you find anything out about this? whats going on CryWolf? we are here for you.

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
juju2

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 04:16:30 PM »

Hi C

Make no assumptions.

just continue on your path, not bending in the wind,
there is a lot to be said for being steady.  Be steady.

Believe half of what you see (visual, not social media) and none of what you hear.

best,  j
CryWolf

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 04:54:35 PM »

Hey everyone, thank you for responding and reaching out to me and making me feel better. Here is everything that has happened since the event of me seeing her picture.

I deleted instagram app right when I saw it and unfollowed that guy. I enjoyed myself at the music festival. It lasted from friday- sunday. Sunday i decided to bring the girl I am dating. We had an amazing time. Some random girl got lost and was a bit under the influence so we took care of her until her boyfriend picked her up. Me and the girl I am dating, took care of that girl and made sure she was safe. This was amazing and I felt like she is an amazing and caring person and how we worked as a team to take care of some random stranger.
I ended up sleeping over at her house the next three days. We did not have sex yet ( my friend asked me if we had sex yet, and I told him no, and he went on about saying how Im "friendzoned" I didnt even ask him for advice but he had to input it" We both are going with the flow, and things just seem to flow but I do feel like I need to act quick before she loses interest. Idk. She doesnt want to kiss yet, but we did some sexual acts. So this is a bit weird? She also has told me she likes my company, and likes me. I hope she doesnt have BPD since things seem to move quick like BPD relationships.

Me and her had an amazing time, and i connect with this girl so much. Its crazy how good she makes me feel about myself, and actually loves my company, and initiates contact first. She even loves telling me little things about herself. She took me out the other night, to a rooftop and we saw the sunset over the city then we had to run to catch other sites before the sun went down. Everything has been so spontaneous with her. I am being myself and dont have to walk on eggshells around her. I am starting to like her, and my ex isnt even on my mind anymore. I finally can say i hate and resent my ex for everything she put me through after i saw her with this new guy. Chances are they are together, a small part of is hurt by it and Im not going to check because i dont give a ___ anymore about her. I know what I did for her and she appreciated any of it.

I feel so much happier and at peace dating this girl, and I hope things go well for us. She loves to communicate, we both establish boundaries and talk about things. We both joke without getting upset. She laughs at everything my ex would get so mad over. This girl brings out the best in me. She did tell me she has major depression, and how im the third person shes only told. I also see some insecurities she possess. But i subtly communicate with her about them, instead of jading. She loves talking to me about literally anything. My ex never did that.

She tells me how at night she cant sleep at times, and overthinks. I used to overthink. i am being cautious, and i have my gaurd up, as does she. i can see some of the little tests, this new girl does, but i beleive its normal tests girls do while dating. Im more aware and Im doing my best not to be "needy" or clingy like my ex accused me of. Me and this girl hardly text, and i established that with her, that I would rather spend company in person than on the phone where things will get misconstrued. We both work, and have similar goals.

I think her previous relationship was toxic as well for her, and I can see some trust issues she has. another thing is, Im not going to be the fixer. Im not going to always run to this girls side and fix things for her, but rather talk and let her come to things herself. I want a healthy and happy relationship. But im enjoying my single life and dating her. Its only been a week, and we've gone on several dates, as well as sleeping over. Things may be moving a bit too fast, she does talk about meeting my family eventually and hows shes nervous, and she mentions her family a lot to me. She even showed me houses during our walk and we joked about our decor and furniture. Im doing everything i can, to let this ride out and flow organically and not overthink every little thing.

She loves how confident  i am, and how much of a "smart-ass" i am with my words. She is incredibly gorgeous and could be one of those social media models if she chose to be. She told me, how one time some guy was just way too nice to her and it made her feel like he had a hidden agenda.

I downloaded instagram 3 days ago, and posted a pic of me and this girl. The next morning I received a block call which I didn't pick up. I never receive blocked calls, and this was alerting, but Idk who it was nor should I care. Could have been my ex, but oh well. Its her loss no matter what happens. She doesn't deserve me.

I feel so happy right now. And this girl came in my life at the perfect time. I hope things continue getting better with this girl.
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 05:23:04 PM »

take it slow, CryWolf.

you cant short circuit the grieving process, and it was a few days ago that you were talking about how much your ex still deserves and how you want the chance to give it to her.

you can move on and see other people, while still taking the space to fully address and resolve your grief, but that requires some slowness.

i dont mean to be a wet blanket, and you have my congratulations, and im rooting for you; you know that. i also suspect if this goes badly or blows up, you will be badly, badly hurt, and the feelings for your ex will intensify.

keep us posted on things with the new girl on the Learning board. we can help keep things smooth, and hey, i want updates Smiling (click to insert in post)

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
pearlsw

"Be kind whenever possible, it is always possible"

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 05:26:13 PM »

Hi Crywolf,

Nice. Glad to hear you are having a good time, but also being a bit cautious. Perhaps it's a good time to see what lessons you've learned from the past so that you can make this the healthiest relationship possible, if this takes off.

What can you do to bring the best to this new dating situation? Do you need to do more work detaching from your ex?

wishing you happiness, pearl.

Walk on a rainbow trail, walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail. - Navajo Song
CryWolf

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 07:46:07 PM »

you have my congratulations, and im rooting for you; you know that. i also suspect if this goes badly or blows up, you will be badly, badly hurt, and the feelings for your ex will intensify.

keep us posted on things with the new girl on the Learning board. we can help keep things smooth, and hey, i want updates Smiling (click to insert in post)

I am scared of it blowing up too and bringing up wounded feelings again. But I am doing my best to take it slow, and just enjoy whatever happens. I do miss my ex but at this time, I hate her. I hate her for everything, and all the pain she put me through. I wish her the best but I need to move on from her. Maybe I am filling in the void, but I am not going to jump into another relationship just yet. I am enjoying my independence and see where things go with this girl.

Thank you for all the love and support, brother 

Hi Crywolf,

Nice. Glad to hear you are having a good time, but also being a bit cautious. Perhaps it's a good time to see what lessons you've learned from the past so that you can make this the healthiest relationship possible, if this takes off.

What can you do to bring the best to this new dating situation? Do you need to do more work detaching from your ex?

wishing you happiness, pearl.

Hey Pearl 

Lessons I am applying are not jading, not trying to fix everything and just listen and be supportive. I am doing my best to not be clingy and needy like my ex accused me of and it has been paying off.

An example, two nights ago I went to her house and we went to the store. At the store she seemed like she had an attitude. Not towards me but she had a rough day and she mentioned it. So we were getting some stuff and she kept going off away from me. The old me would have chased and followed. New me, I went to get what I needed, and then we bumped into each other from across the isles, staired and she started smiling and laughing. One of those movie scene cute moments ...

Then we went back to her apt, and i did my thing. i was on her bed on my phone, and I could tell she wasnt ready to talk yet. She comes in and asks, "what r u doing?" and i respond with, "just chillin" and turn my head back on my phone. and then she comes back 5 minutes later from the bathroom telling me, "its lonely in there" and i get up a minute later and go in there and then walk back out. then she comes in the bedroom and she is soo talkative, and telling me how much she loves how her skin cleared up, and etc. Letting her come to me when is ready instead of asking "whats wrong" or forcing a convo, works so much better.

another scenario, in the morning shes very quite. i get anxious and overthink like I need to start a convo, but instead i just leave the room a bit and play with her dog or made breakfast. then she comes and we start joking and she start a convo. the days before she will start convo while doing makeup, its all effortless if i just wait for when shes ready to speak. the old me, would be soo anxious and force soemthing out of nothing. We even talked about silence, and if shes okay with being together and having to make a sound and force a convo and we both agreed on it.

Other times, she tells me "youre so annoying" but this is her way of telling me she likes me. "kinda childish i know" and i told her, "you only call me annoying cuz u know u like me" and she says "how do u know" and i say "i can tell by the way u keep looking at me" and she smiles. I feel so damn confident. Old me would be so offended or try to get clarity or ask how im annoying. I have a take it or leave it attitude and I think thats why shes attracted to me. Of course im not being an ass to her. She does have fears that im probably only being nice to her for sex. she says how im nice but i can also be mean in a fun way which she likes. we say jokes and playful names without getting mad. Im just being myself and I have a smart ass mouth with witty comebacks and she loves that about me. I can be myself around her and not water myself down like I did with my ex.

I established boundaries with this girl by telling her I dont text much and that Id rather spend most of our time in person than on a screen. she thought it was cute. With my ex we spent so much time texting non stop and things got misconstrued. I dont want that with this girl. I do get "anxious" when she doesnt text after a while but i think thats normal when u date someone new. I tell myself shes busy and its okay. she always responds back right away when she can, and communicates so clearly. I love it. she even tells me where shes going, who shes with or what shes gonna do and I dont even ask her she just tells me. It feels good to have clarity and I appreciate it. My ex would make a big deal if i asked her any question regarding her plans.

Of course I am gaurded and this could end any moment. Her ex could come back, I did see a little box by the door with their old pics I think she is gonna throw it. I am doing everything I can to take it slow, not be insecure or jealous and just have fun with her. and so far its going well.

she makes most of the plans to see me. she invites me over, and last night she wanted me to sleep over and i declined because i dont want to seem too available. i just slept over 3 nights prior to that. I am the catch. she tells me how she loves my company and how she hasnt had fun or laughed in so long until i came along. i remember in class i always made her laugh too. She opened up to me a lot about things, we talked about trust and although it has been a week we feel like we connect. I am doing my best though to not take this to heart and be all in. Cuz this feeling could change.

Is there anything I should focus on? Any tools? I feel a bit behind on my tools.
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 08:18:02 PM »

Is there anything I should focus on? Any tools? I feel a bit behind on my tools.

i think youre doing great CryWolf.

one piece of advice id offer is to avoid bonding over your experience with your ex, or her experience with her ex. i didnt see any indication youre doing that, though.

but hey, revisit the tools, and check out the ones you havent. check out the skills workshops (https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?board=36.0), if you see any good that interest you, post about them on the Learning board!

CryWolf

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 11:16:34 PM »

Will do Once removed

looking back, the guy didnt say "my fave girl" he said "my pt girl"

pt= pharmacy technician. I helped her register, apply, and pushed her to find the job and he calls  his pt girl.F them both .
pearlsw

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2018, 09:16:24 AM »

Lessons I am applying are not jading, not trying to fix everything and just listen and be supportive. I am doing my best to not be clingy and needy like my ex accused me of and it has been paying off.
it for when shes ready to speak. the old me, would be soo anxious and force soemthing out of nothing. We even talked about silence, and if shes okay with being together and having to make a sound and force a convo and we both agreed on it.

we say jokes and playful names without getting mad. Im just being myself and I have a smart ass mouth with witty comebacks and she loves that about me. I can be myself around her and not water myself down like I did with my ex.

I established boundaries with this girl by telling her I dont text much and that Id rather spend most of our time in person than on a screen. she thought it was cute.
Of course I am guarded and this could end any moment.

she makes most of the plans to see me. she invites me over, and last night she wanted me to sleep over and i declined because i dont want to seem too available.

Hey CryWolf,

Sounds like your having fun and getting to be yourself! That's great!

I'd only suggest that it's good to work on being a good listener and communicator so it's always good to review and use Validation.

No rush, just had the idea that if you lay some good groundwork at the beginning, establish good habits now, it could carry over into a potential future.

But by all means, by yourself and have fun!  

warmly, pearl. Smiling (click to insert in post)

Walk on a rainbow trail, walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail. - Navajo Song
CryWolf

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2018, 11:31:44 PM »

welp. That was fun while it lasted.

She told me her ex has been messaging her trying to make amends. She told me I have to stop texting her and she can only talk on snapchat. That means she is choosing to be with him, even though she told me how she hasnt felt so happy in so long and how we connect so well. I know she chose the ex based of their time together. I felt more like myself with this girl. She even got me 300$ music festival tickets (her dad got them for her) but still.

I told her, I liked her but i understand whats going on.

Back to self improvement I guess.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2014; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2018, 11:37:36 PM »

What would you do if she changes her mind and runs back to you?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2018, 11:49:59 PM »

Back to self improvement I guess.

this is self improvement.

it took foresight, strength, and dignity to walk away CryWolf.

the old CryWolf and the old once removed might not have reacted the same way. the older, wiser CryWolf has too much going for him to get involved in that kind of mess.

i know its a bummer, man, and im hurting for you. take the time to lick the wounds. talk to us about it, we are here to listen.

youll bounce back from this.

how ya feelin?

CryWolf

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2018, 12:09:43 AM »

What would you do if she changes her mind and runs back to you?

Make her work for it.

I already know what I bring to the table. The two weeks we dates, I showed her a whole new world full of happiness and laughter that she told me she was missing. She even wanted to go further into it with me, but of course the ex saw her social media and knew he was losing her so he had to come back.

They will break up again, and whether she comes back to me or not, I know I made her happy in the short time we spent together. I made breakfast the other morning and she told me how no one has ever done that for her. We had so much in common but it is what it is. She has a stronger bond with the ex, and im sure he's going to mess up again and doesnt know the tools to make a relationship work.

What do you think I should do?

this is self improvement.

it took foresight, strength, and dignity to walk away CryWolf.

the old CryWolf and the old once removed might not have reacted the same way. the older, wiser CryWolf has too much going for him to get involved in that kind of mess.

i know its a bummer, man, and im hurting for you. take the time to lick the wounds. talk to us about it, we are here to listen.

youll bounce back from this.

how ya feelin?

Thanks a lot man   Yes old me, would probably cry and be full of hate and curse her or etc. New me, accepts it and knows it happens.

I sent her a message on snap and said
 “these past few weeks have been spontaneous and full of adventure with you. I like you a lot, but I understand whats going on."
and
sent a pic i took of her on my camera when she wasnt paying attention and said “i was meaning to edit this pic but I think it looks better untouched”

She doesnt like pics and is insecure of her looks. With me, she told me i make her feel like she can be herself.

Whatever happens happens. I like this girl a lot, and in the short period of time I never felt so alive and full of joy. She made me realize what I deserve. When I say we have so much in common, we literally have so much in common . from music, to movies, to shows, to dancing the same, to cars, to clothes, to foods to adventures. We even go in the store and point at things we both want at the same time. All we did was laugh and have fun in these brief moments.

Im happy it happened than at all.

Im sure if her relationship fails, she will rememeber our good times and maybe she will revisit the idea of us.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2014; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2018, 12:17:40 AM »

One thing my ex said she loved about me is that she felt like she could be herself. I won't go into arm chair psychoanalyzing that.   Being cool (click to insert in post)

Cherish what was good,  even if it may not be finito given that you are still communicating.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
CryWolf

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2018, 12:31:36 AM »

One thing my ex said she loved about me is that she felt like she could be herself. I won't go into arm chair psychoanalyzing that.   Being cool (click to insert in post)

Cherish what was good,  even if it may not be finito given that you are still communicating.

I think she cant text me anymore because her ex seems like the overprotective bearing type. he looks good looking but controlling. i also think she told him about me and she has feelings for me but she has to cut me off. relationships suck.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2018, 12:51:46 AM »

Yeah, I hear you.  They can suck.

Work on your improving tools in the meantime.  If it's done then it's done. If it isn't then it isn't.  Either way,  they can help you either release her with grace (and yourself!), or maintain a connection for whatever comes next. 

CryWolf

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2018, 06:43:25 PM »

We just had a conversation:

i asked her, "where do we stand"
and she said “friends i guess”
and i said “then why can’t i text you ”
and she said “he went through my phone... ”
and I said, “not my place to say but you should have your freedom to talk to whoever"
and she said ‘yea i know... ’
and i asked "are you even happy?"
and she said “ a little... ”
and then i told her no hard feelings, and if it doesnt work out lmk
she told me “thank you for everything. Im very grateful for everything with you and i had nothing but joy and happiness”

Why do I keep ending in these situations?
CryWolf

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2018, 08:29:54 PM »

I can never have anything nice Or be happy. When things start turning up in my life it gets taken away. I don’t know why my life is like this. I don’t know why people decide to leave me. I hate it. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I don’t know why I give people the best of me only to be left over and over again.

I really liked this girl. I really bonded with this girl. I’m mad about the “what could of been”

I feel used. I feel like this could have been something special. Why is life so damn difficult?
gilac

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2018, 03:20:53 AM »

I used to ask the same questions myself, but some people went trough much deeper stuff, and I'm not letting those things crush me that much, I just know that people are evil until it is proven to be the opposite

early in this thread I told you that It's just a matter of time I will see her with someone... .well, just last night I was told that she is in contact with no other than the person who stalked her during our relationship (she used to hate him, yeah right)

so, you see, life isn't fair, you're not the only one...   whenever you give more to people, they won't find you generous but stupid

the problem isn't why did they leave us, yet, how we were (un)lucky to end up with a BPD person, our destiny was sealed from day one, frankly
CryWolf

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2018, 03:16:15 PM »

well, just last night I was told that she is in contact with no other than the person who stalked her during our relationship (she used to hate him, yeah right)

the problem isn't why did they leave us, yet, how we were (un)lucky to end up with a BPD person, our destiny was sealed from day one, frankly

That tough to experience Gilac   How are you processing everything?

This new girl seemed like she has some forms of BPD traits too. Idk why I attract girls who are always emotionally unavailable.

CryWolf

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2018, 03:34:30 PM »

So, me and her talked this morning.

She told me how I wasnt a rebound and wanted to make it work between us. She said "what we had was amazing and special. I will never forget how happy you made me feel or our moments together."

I asked "I thought you were over your ex?" and she said "I didnt expect for him to come back and we cant be talking anymore about us, because my ex checks everything." Her messages, snapchat, social media. Everything. I think she unfollowed me on instagram. Im assuming she told him everything we did.

I asked her, "why be with someone who cant trust you?"

She said "I dont want to talk about it"

we did a little lighthearted flirty joking and left it at that. She still opens my snapchats on my story and I see hers.

It feels great saying I didnt do anything wrong this time. I was nothing but myself with her and she told me she was herself and felt so comfortable around me. She told me she loves how confident I am about myself, and I know what i want. She told me how I say what I mean, and dont care about others opinions.  Being cool (click to insert in post) (maybe this was idealization phase?) We did move too fast within 2 weeks but at the same time she was out of a relationship for 2-3 weeks before me. I suspected some forms of BPD in her but im not sure. She told me about her messed up childhood and I told her mine. Comparing her to my ex, this girl never judged me. She never fought with me or kicked me out (I almost killed her by accidentally giving her shrimp ) We did nothing but laugh and make amazing memories all in a span of 2 weeks.

Maybe she did play me, maybe she was serious about me otherwise she wouldnt take me to her favorite spots and etc. Who knows tbh. Im upset this ended. But I cant do anything else besides work on myself. I suspect them breaking up again because the issues werent resolved. They didnt take enough time apart to work on it and if the guy is so insecure about who she talks to then Im pretty sure he will constantly bring me up to her and guilt trip her.
pearlsw

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2018, 06:50:46 PM »

I can never have anything nice Or be happy. When things start turning up in my life it gets taken away. I don’t know why my life is like this. I don’t know why people decide to leave me. I hate it. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I don’t know why I give people the best of me only to be left over and over again.

I really liked this girl. I really bonded with this girl. I’m mad about the “what could of been”

I feel used. I feel like this could have been something special. Why is life so damn difficult?

Hi Crywolf,

Why is life this way? That’s a tough question. Sometimes we blindly walk into relationship danger thinking we can handle it, sometimes we can’t read the warning signs, who knows. There are a lot of variable and no guarantees in life.

My love life has not worked out as I would have liked, or expected, but I’ve gotta admit I’ve had some fun and a lotta love along the way. And I know people who have it much, much rougher than me.

On the brighter days its easier to laugh at the absurdity of it all. On a dark day it can be pretty d—n disappointing.

I used to like to joke that I felt like Elizabeth Taylor without the jewelry at this point. Didn’t she have about 7 husbands or so? Well, life is long. Smiling (click to insert in post) I’m just gettin’ started!  

I think ya just gotta keep trying. Keep taking the lessons life gives you. Keep growing. Get back up day after day. But... it is also okay to take breaks…and even say, enough if that feels right.

Looks like this relationship may have a little more life in it? Is that right? What can you do to improve your chances this time?

sending you hope, pearl.

CryWolf

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2018, 10:04:29 AM »

Why is life this way? That’s a tough question. Sometimes we blindly walk into relationship danger thinking we can handle it, sometimes we can’t read the warning signs, who knows. There are a lot of variable and no guarantees in life.

Looks like this relationship may have a little more life in it? Is that right? What can you do to improve your chances this time?

sending you hope, pearl.

Honestly I dont know. the past few days I spiraled back into negative dark thoughts and got hit with abandonment again. I drank the past two nights and asked why does everyone in my life leave me?
-dad left when i was 5
-had a gf in highschool who left me for her ex
-had a gf with BPD who just got out of a relationship--- she left me 3 years later
-meet a girl in my class, we date and things seem amazing. Connected so well but she leaves me for her ex.
- I have a bestfriend whose boyfriend doesnt want us to be friends and told me she will have to end our friendship.

I dont know whats wrong with me. No one wants to fight for me or keep me around. They all tell me how great I am, and how happy I make them, etc. Then they leave.

With this new girl I was confident and didnt chase. Then her ex comes back and she chose him. Im back to feeling stuck. I hate how I feel the need to be romantically involved with someone just to feel happy.

I miss my exBPD again. i messaged her last night. it showed she read it. before she wouldnt even read it. But shes with someone new now. Everyones happy but me.
heartandwhole
Retired Staff

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2018, 06:44:02 AM »

Hi CryWolf,

Losing the presence of parent at such a young age is a very deep loss that has most likely played a role in your relationships. Often, we set up situations that replay similar feelings so that we attempt to "right" what went wrong when we were helpless children. Do you think that could be playing a role in your romantic relationships?

It has definitely played a role in mine. One way I like to think of these kinds of issues (my father was absent physically and then emotionally in my childhood), though, is to remember that the worst has already happened, and I survived it.

What I mean by that is that as a child, we have much fewer skills to cope. As adults, we have experience, tools, and we don't completely depend on our parents like we did as children. When someone leaves us, our survival isn't at stake, like it feels to be when we are children.

So, even though people leaving you now may bring up that pain from your childhood, you are far from dependent and powerless. It's really, really tough, but you've got the means to endure and learn better ways of managing than you did then.

What do you think?

heartandwhole

When the pain of love increases your joy, roses and lilies fill the garden of your soul.
Shawnlam

Relationship status: Dating since 11/18. Trying to recover from 3 breakups

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2018, 01:48:08 PM »

Hey Bud a few points that I see here : 1: that New girl was redflagging  everywhere especially jokes about your home and furniture ,your future in two weeks ! Crazy stuff

If it makes you feel better I found out today that my ex that left me 3 weeks ago spent the very same night and weekend with her ex .So if that’s not fast enough for you I don’t know what is!And he’s back to where he lives 7 hours away ,so bud don’t feel too bad k? That’s how they are .

tryingsome

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2018, 01:20:47 PM »

Hello CryWolf,

I read your thread and was tinged with a bit of sadness. I am not very good in the advice column but a couple of things I hope you can take to heart.
First, actions always speak louder than words. It is very easy for people to smooth over conflicts, to make themselves feel like they are on your side. This girl who is back with her ex, she says all the right words--she tries to make you believe her well loved out thoughts and attentions. Yet, she is a friend but isn't. Remember--the actions mean so much more.

I can't imagine losing a parent at such an young age, that loss I think carries a couple of ripples for you going forward. I see a lot of GF left me statements. Let's start on point one, you can't control when or how you lose a parent. The reason your father left has nothing to do with you.

I do see a lot of talk about GFs in the past leaving. Let's start, relationships just end for a variety of reasons; some good, some bad, some mutual. To think one can make it throughout life without a failed relationship is asking a lot out reality. Try to keep some of those in that perspective and learn from them.

Let's talk about point positive... .do you have any friends that are guys? Life-long friends or people who are there for you? I feel like you are putting all your 'love' in the relationship basket where life is more than just couple pairing. A healthy life is looking at all the connections; yes tunnel-vision happens during emotional/life impacting times but look to capitalize on the finer points. Start listing them out--what is going well for you now? Let's hear about that so we can attempt to help grow past this.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest